Journal receiver not saved. - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Journal receiver not saved. - IBM AS400 ; Can any one of you help me to save the journal receivers. receiver has not been saved and it has been detached from the journal this is showing status as ONLINE. How to save those journal receivers? This is happening ...

  1. Journal receiver not saved.

    Can any one of you help me to save the journal receivers. receiver
    has not been saved and it has been detached from the journal this is
    showing status as ONLINE. How to save those journal receivers? This
    is happening for the past 2 months

  2. Re: Journal receiver not saved.

    On Sep 18, 8:24 am, itspav...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can any one of you help me to save the journal receivers. receiver
    > has not been saved and it has been detached from the journal this is
    > showing status as ONLINE. How to save those journal receivers? This
    > is happening for the past 2 months

    It's hard to help without further details on what your are doing to
    save them at the moment.

    One guess off the top of my head. The journal receivers can exist in
    a different library to your journal objects - are you saving the
    reciever library?

  3. Re: Journal receiver not saved.

    If those receivers are in library QRECOVERY, then the apparent intent
    is that they would never be saved. However if those receivers are
    accumulating, then it would seem likely the /manage receiver/ or /delete
    receivers/ options have been changed to user managed or delete=no for
    some debug purposes. If they are not being kept for a specific reason
    [e.g. debug], then expected recovery for ensuring those receivers stop
    accumulating, is to perform [review for the_library and the_jrn from
    output from the request: DSPJRNRCVA QRECOVERY/the_jrnrcv ] the following
    request:
    CHGJRN the_library/the_jrn *GEN MNGRCV(*SYSTEM) DLTRCV(*YES)

    For a receiver in any other library...
    The status of ONLINE for the receiver as displayed in WRKJRNA
    thelib/thejrn /* F15=Work with receiver directory */ I believe indicates
    the receiver should be eligible for save. So unless the save activity
    is simply failing to include the receivers, a failure to update the
    status to SAVED would presumably be recorded as an error.
    Perhaps the save request is failing. The result of the following
    script might show an error -- replace the_jrnrcv with the name of the
    journal receiver, and replace the_library with the name of the library:
    crtsavf qtemp/savf
    savobj the_jrnrcv the_library *savf *jrnrcv savf(qtemp/savf) updhst(*no)
    chgjob log(4 0 *seclvl)
    dspjoblog output(*print)
    dspsplf qpjoblog splnbr(*last) /* review for error conditions;
    bottom-up, reading back for each message prior, when directed to do so
    by the message text */

    The one error I believe is possible to prevent save, is when there is
    a receiver that is out of sequence. In that case try the recovery in
    the message. Or perhaps the recovery options in the WRKJRN command menu
    may assist to resolve -- though probably best to inquire of your service
    provider for support to investigate before trying to resolve, if the
    logged error message does not suggest that specific recovery action.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    itspavera@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can any one of you help me to save the journal receivers. receiver
    > has not been saved and it has been detached from the journal this is
    > showing status as ONLINE. How to save those journal receivers? This
    > is happening for the past 2 months

+ Reply to Thread