Dataqueues beeing damaged by power supply failure - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Dataqueues beeing damaged by power supply failure - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I have experienced a couple of power supply failures resulting in dataqueues beeing damaged. - Is it less likely that this will happen if parameter CRTDTAQ.FORCE is *YES ? gls...

  1. Dataqueues beeing damaged by power supply failure

    Hi,

    I have experienced a couple of power supply failures resulting in
    dataqueues beeing damaged.

    - Is it less likely that this will happen if parameter CRTDTAQ.FORCE
    is *YES ?

    gls

  2. Re: Dataqueues beeing damaged by power supply failure

    CRTDTAQ FORCE(*YES) will provide greater protection; the queue will
    be less likely to be damaged by the system failing due to power outages.
    However the best general resolution is effected instead, by
    functionally attaching a UPS, for which a normal power down is initiated
    The Data Queue objects (type *DTAQ) are implemented on the system as
    volatile; constantly changing data. The default expectation being, that
    the queue should be fast, and will be easily recoverable by the application.
    Since some release [V5R2 or ealier], the STRJRNOBJ command supports
    journaling a *DTAQ; STRJRNOBJ OBJTYPE(*DTAQ). I believe a journaled
    queue should be less overhead than FORCE(*YES), but even so, recovery is
    then possible by receiving entries from the journal, then placing on the
    queue, those entries that the recipient had not dequeued and processed.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    gls wrote:
    > I have experienced a couple of power supply failures resulting in
    > data queues being damaged.
    >
    > - Is it less likely that this will happen if parameter CRTDTAQ.FORCE
    > is *YES ?

+ Reply to Thread