connecting two AS/400 for SNDNETSPLF - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on connecting two AS/400 for SNDNETSPLF - IBM AS400 ; Hi I have one rather old AS/400 which I would like to get rid of but unfortunatly there are still some spoolfiles on it that might be needed. Since I don't have access to BRMS which would allow me to ...

  1. connecting two AS/400 for SNDNETSPLF

    Hi

    I have one rather old AS/400 which I would like to get rid of but
    unfortunatly there are still some spoolfiles on it that might be needed.
    Since I don't have access to BRMS which would allow me to save the
    spoolfiles on one system and restore them on the other I thought about
    connecting both AS/400 and send the spoolfiles via SNDNETSPLF

    Unfortunatly I don't know what I have to do to make that possible. Both
    AS/400 are sitting directly side by side and are plugged into the same
    switch. I can telnet from one to the other but that's about it. The
    SNADS Subsystem is active on both and the new AS/400 can also send mails
    via SNADS and MSF.

    What is needed to enable both AS/400 to exchange data via SNDNETSPLF?

  2. Re: connecting two AS/400 for SNDNETSPLF

    il 13/09/2007 13.27, Scrive Stefan Immel 40359216:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have one rather old AS/400 which I would like to get rid of but
    > unfortunatly there are still some spoolfiles on it that might be needed.
    > Since I don't have access to BRMS which would allow me to save the
    > spoolfiles on one system and restore them on the other I thought about
    > connecting both AS/400 and send the spoolfiles via SNDNETSPLF
    >
    > Unfortunatly I don't know what I have to do to make that possible. Both
    > AS/400 are sitting directly side by side and are plugged into the same
    > switch. I can telnet from one to the other but that's about it. The
    > SNADS Subsystem is active on both and the new AS/400 can also send mails
    > via SNADS and MSF.
    >
    > What is needed to enable both AS/400 to exchange data via SNDNETSPLF?

    It's matter to configure distribution services (CFGDSTSRV) on both as400.
    But if you only need to send some spoolfiles, you can get a simpler way.
    Just configure a remote output queue on the old as400, be sure that lpd
    service is active (STRTCPSVR *LPD) and just put the spoofiles that you
    want to send on the newly created output queue. To start the writer for
    the new outq use STRRMTWTR command.
    E.g.
    CRTOUTQ OUTQ(REMOTE)
    RMTSYS(NEWAS400)
    RMTPRTQ(SOMEOUTQ)
    AUTOSTRWTR(1)
    CNNTYPE(*IP)
    DESTTYPE(*OS400)
    TRANSFORM(*NO)
    STRRMTWTR OUTQ(REMOTE)

  3. Re: connecting two AS/400 for SNDNETSPLF

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli schrieb:
    > il 13/09/2007 13.27, Scrive Stefan Immel 40359216:
    > It's matter to configure distribution services (CFGDSTSRV) on both as400.
    > But if you only need to send some spoolfiles, you can get a simpler way.
    > Just configure a remote output queue on the old as400, be sure that lpd
    > service is active (STRTCPSVR *LPD) and just put the spoofiles that you
    > want to send on the newly created output queue. To start the writer for
    > the new outq use STRRMTWTR command.
    > E.g.
    > CRTOUTQ OUTQ(REMOTE)
    > RMTSYS(NEWAS400)
    > RMTPRTQ(SOMEOUTQ)
    > AUTOSTRWTR(1)
    > CNNTYPE(*IP)
    > DESTTYPE(*OS400)
    > TRANSFORM(*NO)
    > STRRMTWTR OUTQ(REMOTE)

    Thanks a lot, works like a charm and I'm a little bit angry with myself
    that I didn't come up with that idea myself.

+ Reply to Thread