Websphere SYSINST/ADMIN question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Websphere SYSINST/ADMIN question - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I'm trying to configure QWAS6. According to IBM manual after I start subsystem QWAS6 I should be able to run SERVER1 job. When I try to use CL like: QSYS/CALL PGM(QWAS6/QWASSTRSVR) PARM(''-profilePath'' ''/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/default'' ''-server'' ''server1'') I get error message: ...

  1. Websphere SYSINST/ADMIN question

    Hi.
    I'm trying to configure QWAS6.
    According to IBM manual after I start subsystem QWAS6 I should be able
    to run SERVER1 job.
    When I try to use CL like:
    QSYS/CALL PGM(QWAS6/QWASSTRSVR) PARM(''-profilePath''
    ''/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/default''
    ''-server'' ''server1'')

    I get error message:
    Cause . . . . . : The application server configuration file

    /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/SYSINST/config/cells/LOC

    AL/nodes/LOCAL/servers/server1/server.xml is not valid. The reason
    code is 8.

    On web administration tool I see SYSINST instance but it doesn't want to
    start (??). SYSINST instance is necessary to use iseries navigatior for
    Web and LDAP web administration tool which I need.

    I remeber that on version 5 there was a procedure to delete SYSINST and
    recreate it. Unfortunatelly creation won't work with QWAS6.

    Sorry for silly questions but I totally new with Webshpere.

    Tomasz

  2. Re: Websphere SYSINST/ADMIN question

    On Sep 13, 5:57 am, tomasz wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I'm trying to configure QWAS6.
    > According to IBM manual after I start subsystem QWAS6 I should be able
    > to run SERVER1 job.
    > When I try to use CL like:
    > QSYS/CALL PGM(QWAS6/QWASSTRSVR) PARM(''-profilePath''
    > ''/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/default''
    > ''-server'' ''server1'')
    >
    > I get error message:
    > Cause . . . . . : The application server configuration file
    >
    > /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/SYSINST/config/cells/LO*C
    >
    > AL/nodes/LOCAL/servers/server1/server.xml is not valid. The reason
    > code is 8.
    >
    > On web administration tool I see SYSINST instance but it doesn't want to
    > start (??). SYSINST instance is necessary to use iseries navigatior for
    > Web and LDAP web administration tool which I need.
    >
    > I remeber that on version 5 there was a procedure to delete SYSINST and
    > recreate it. Unfortunatelly creation won't work with QWAS6.
    >
    > Sorry for silly questions but I totally new with Webshpere.
    >
    > Tomasz

    If you get into the IFS and drill down into this directory if you
    display the server.xml file what is in the file??

    Download this PDF, see if it helps you out at all:
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/...0exp_i_env.pdf

  3. Re: Websphere SYSINST/ADMIN question

    jacko pisze:
    > On Sep 13, 5:57 am, tomasz wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >> I'm trying to configure QWAS6.
    >> According to IBM manual after I start subsystem QWAS6 I should be able
    >> to run SERVER1 job.
    >> When I try to use CL like:
    >> QSYS/CALL PGM(QWAS6/QWASSTRSVR) PARM(''-profilePath''
    >> ''/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/default''
    >> ''-server'' ''server1'')
    >>
    >> I get error message:
    >> Cause . . . . . : The application server configuration file
    >>
    >> /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/SYSINST/config/cells/LO*C
    >>
    >> AL/nodes/LOCAL/servers/server1/server.xml is not valid. The reason
    >> code is 8.
    >>
    >> On web administration tool I see SYSINST instance but it doesn't want to
    >> start (??). SYSINST instance is necessary to use iseries navigatior for
    >> Web and LDAP web administration tool which I need.
    >>
    >> I remeber that on version 5 there was a procedure to delete SYSINST and
    >> recreate it. Unfortunatelly creation won't work with QWAS6.
    >>
    >> Sorry for silly questions but I totally new with Webshpere.
    >>
    >> Tomasz

    > If you get into the IFS and drill down into this directory if you
    > display the server.xml file what is in the file??
    >
    > Download this PDF, see if it helps you out at all:
    > ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/...0exp_i_env.pdf

    Thank you for manual.
    It's working now fine.

    Tomasz

+ Reply to Thread