B6000414 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on B6000414 - IBM AS400 ; Trying to load LIC and OS on a new LPAR at a remote location; obtained console session through HMC (5250 session on port 2300). I got the LIC installed and one OS CD loaded, but then the person at the ...

  1. B6000414

    Trying to load LIC and OS on a new LPAR at a remote
    location; obtained console session through HMC (5250
    session on port 2300). I got the LIC installed and one
    OS CD loaded, but then the person at the remote
    location who was to shuttle the CDs left for the day.
    I was trying to figure out if I could disconnect my
    console session and reconnect it where I left off, when
    the internet devils made the choice for me: my VPN
    session dropped and my console session was
    disconnected. When I restarted the remote console, I
    see that the LPAR is showing B6000414, and I seem to be
    unable to re-establish a console session with it.

    What are my options?

  2. Re: B6000414

    On Sep 11, 10:55 pm, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > Trying to load LIC and OS on a new LPAR at a remote
    > location; obtained console session through HMC (5250
    > session on port 2300). I got the LIC installed and one
    > OS CD loaded, but then the person at the remote
    > location who was to shuttle the CDs left for the day.
    > I was trying to figure out if I could disconnect my
    > console session and reconnect it where I left off, when
    > the internet devils made the choice for me: my VPN
    > session dropped and my console session was
    > disconnected. When I restarted the remote console, I
    > see that the LPAR is showing B6000414, and I seem to be
    > unable to re-establish a console session with it.
    >
    > What are my options?

    I would restart process as a "shared" HMC connection from the machine
    location. Then you take over at the remote location and continue
    process. If you drop the connection or sign off the process should not
    terminate.

  3. Re: B6000414

    GORT400 wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 10:55 pm, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    >> Trying to load LIC and OS on a new LPAR at a remote
    >> location; obtained console session through HMC (5250
    >> session on port 2300). I got the LIC installed and one
    >> OS CD loaded, but then the person at the remote
    >> location who was to shuttle the CDs left for the day.
    >> I was trying to figure out if I could disconnect my
    >> console session and reconnect it where I left off, when
    >> the internet devils made the choice for me: my VPN
    >> session dropped and my console session was
    >> disconnected. When I restarted the remote console, I
    >> see that the LPAR is showing B6000414, and I seem to be
    >> unable to re-establish a console session with it.
    >>
    >> What are my options?

    > I would restart process as a "shared" HMC connection from the machine
    > location. Then you take over at the remote location and continue
    > process. If you drop the connection or sign off the process should not
    > terminate.

    In the event, I had to do a partition restart from the
    remote HMC partitions display. Once the partition
    began restarting, I attempted to connect a remote
    console session, and that worked. I was able to resume
    the i5/OS installation, which seems to have completed
    normally (at least according to the manual), and I'm
    now onto installing the licensed programs.

+ Reply to Thread