LDAP Error - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on LDAP Error - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I try to run Directory Server Web administration tool. When I try to run it I get eror message: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact ...

  1. LDAP Error

    Hi.
    I try to run Directory Server Web administration tool.
    When I try to run it I get eror message:

    Internal Server Error

    unable to complete your request.

    Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
    them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
    that may have caused the error.

    I did all necessary configuration steps mentioned in information center.
    Where shall I look for necessary log?

    Tomasz

  2. Re: LDAP Error

    il 11/09/2007 15.10, Scrive tomasz 40347664:
    > Hi.
    > I try to run Directory Server Web administration tool.
    > When I try to run it I get eror message:
    >
    > Internal Server Error

    > unable to complete your request.
    >
    > Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
    > them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
    > that may have caused the error.
    >
    > More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    >
    > I did all necessary configuration steps mentioned in information center.
    > Where shall I look for necessary log?

    The server job name is QDIRSRV, try to see if any error msg in the joblog.

  3. Re: LDAP Error

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli pisze:
    > il 11/09/2007 15.10, Scrive tomasz 40347664:
    >> Hi.
    >> I try to run Directory Server Web administration tool.
    >> When I try to run it I get eror message:
    >>
    >> Internal Server Error
    >>
    >> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
    >> unable to complete your request.
    >>
    >> Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
    >> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
    >> that may have caused the error.
    >>
    >> More information about this error may be available in the server error
    >> log.
    >>
    >> I did all necessary configuration steps mentioned in information center.
    >> Where shall I look for necessary log?

    > The server job name is QDIRSRV, try to see if any error msg in the joblog.

    I've found in QDIRSRV joblog "Bind error with IBM Directory Server":

    Cause . . . . . : Distinguished name (dn) 'CN=ADMINISTRATOR' at IP
    address
    10.1.2.16 failed to bind with the IBM Directory Server.

    Recovery . . . : This condition may occur when the user name or
    password is
    incorrect. The server will continue to operate normally. Repeated
    failures
    for the same user or from the same IP address may indicate that
    someone is
    trying to guess a correct user name and password.

    Tomasz

  4. Re: LDAP Error

    il 12/09/2007 10.09, Scrive tomasz 40242768:
    > Dr.UgoGagliardelli pisze:
    >> il 11/09/2007 15.10, Scrive tomasz 40347664:
    >>> Hi.
    >>> I try to run Directory Server Web administration tool.
    >>> When I try to run it I get eror message:
    >>>
    >>> Internal Server Error
    >>>
    >>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
    >>> unable to complete your request.
    >>>
    >>> Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and
    >>> inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
    >>> have done that may have caused the error.
    >>>
    >>> More information about this error may be available in the server
    >>> error log.
    >>>
    >>> I did all necessary configuration steps mentioned in information center.
    >>> Where shall I look for necessary log?

    >> The server job name is QDIRSRV, try to see if any error msg in the
    >> joblog.

    > I've found in QDIRSRV joblog "Bind error with IBM Directory Server":
    >
    > Cause . . . . . : Distinguished name (dn) 'CN=ADMINISTRATOR' at IP
    > address
    > 10.1.2.16 failed to bind with the IBM Directory Server.
    > Recovery . . . : This condition may occur when the user name or
    > password is
    > incorrect. The server will continue to operate normally. Repeated
    > failures
    > for the same user or from the same IP address may indicate that
    > someone is
    > trying to guess a correct user name and password.

    So, basing on LDAP configuration, either "the user name or password is
    incorrect".