LDAP on iSeries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on LDAP on iSeries - IBM AS400 ; Hi. We have several of application which connects to DB2 on iSeries from unix/linux systems. We would like to use LDAP on iSeries to check if user is valid and able to connect. Unix/linux system would 'ask' iSeries if user ...

  1. LDAP on iSeries

    Hi.

    We have several of application which connects to DB2 on iSeries from
    unix/linux systems.
    We would like to use LDAP on iSeries to check if user is valid and able
    to connect. Unix/linux system would 'ask' iSeries if user AAAA with
    password BBBB is valid OS400 user, if yes user would be able to run web
    based application which 'takes' data from DB2, if not - user won't be
    able to run application.

    Is it possible to use LDAP to use it?

    I tried to connect using url:
    http://10.1.5.21:2001/IDSWebApp/IDSjsp/Login.jsp and get info
    Forbidden
    Forbidden - by rule.

    server.

    Wht's wrong ?

    Tomasz

  2. Re: LDAP on iSeries

    il 10/09/2007 13.32, Scrive tomasz 40451928:
    > Hi.
    >
    > We have several of application which connects to DB2 on iSeries from
    > unix/linux systems.
    > We would like to use LDAP on iSeries to check if user is valid and able
    > to connect. Unix/linux system would 'ask' iSeries if user AAAA with
    > password BBBB is valid OS400 user, if yes user would be able to run web
    > based application which 'takes' data from DB2, if not - user won't be
    > able to run application.
    >
    > Is it possible to use LDAP to use it?

    I'm informing you that the weel has been alreary invented!
    :-))

    To secure a Web application, you should make the web server aware that
    it will be protected by an LDAP. That's it. Doing that when the user
    access web pages the web server will prompt for user and password, the
    web server will verify querying the LDAP server.
    This task is only a webserver and ldap configuration matter.

    > I tried to connect using url:
    > http://10.1.5.21:2001/IDSWebApp/IDSjsp/Login.jsp and get info
    > Forbidden
    > Forbidden - by rule.

    > server.

    I guess you didn't configure the LDAP aka Directory server, try starting
    from Op.Nav./Network/server/TCPIP rigth click on IBM Directory server
    and chose Properties.