Upgrade times fo 840 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Upgrade times fo 840 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0 - IBM AS400 ; Needing some reference in order to plan the upgrade How much would it take to upgrade a 820 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0 in your experience ? I mean: upgrading OS and applying PTFs, but excluding previous tasks and backups, knowing ...

  1. Upgrade times fo 840 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0

    Needing some reference in order to plan the upgrade

    How much would it take to upgrade a 820 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0 in your
    experience ?

    I mean: upgrading OS and applying PTFs, but excluding previous tasks
    and backups, knowing that there is installed the standard set of licpgms,
    and not no standard ones lile BRMS etc.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Upgrade times fo 840 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0

    il 07/09/2007 11.33, Scrive CENTRINO 40646240:
    > Needing some reference in order to plan the upgrade
    >
    > How much would it take to upgrade a 820 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0 in your
    > experience ?
    >
    > I mean: upgrading OS and applying PTFs, but excluding previous tasks
    > and backups, knowing that there is installed the standard set of licpgms,
    > and not no standard ones lile BRMS etc.

    Hou need to install v5r1 PTF first, in order to be able to accept
    license agreements, (this may want an IPL).
    From option 5 of "GO licpgm" accept license agrements, and assign
    further space for LIC (this will take place on next IPL)

    Having completed option 5 tasks you are ready to start with V5R3
    install. V5R3 is made of 9 CDs plus the SLIC one, installing the first 4
    CDs (the OS) will take about 2 hours. The second part of the OS
    installation (that will install product options, including SS1) may vary
    basing on how many options and languages you have to install, for a
    standard installation, as you said, you can plan not less then 2 hour,
    maybe 3 or four, the time may vary a lot depending on the processor, ram
    and free disk available.
    During the install process you will do IPL twice (one after the LIC
    install, and one after the OS in order to put IPL source to B to be able
    to install PTFs)
    A cumulative PTF package is made of 8 CDs, including DB and HIPER PTF
    groups, depending on how many products you have to fix, the process may
    ask you to load only a subset, but it will not take less the 1 hour, the
    n you have to IPL to apply all the PTFs loaded, this process may lasts
    over 3 hours, but it depends a lot from the refresh level of the CDs
    you're currently handlyng, not less then 2 hours I gess.

  3. Re: Upgrade times fo 840 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0

    Thanks a lot ...

  4. Re: Upgrade times fo 840 from V5R1M0 to V5R3M0

    On Sep 7, 6:27 am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > Thanks a lot ...

    I would plan on 6-8 hours.

+ Reply to Thread