backup result presentation - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on backup result presentation - IBM AS400 ; Hi. My client asked me to be informed everyday about backup on their i5. I would like to send him information which I see by DSPLOG LOG(QHST) PERIOD((*AVAIL 'xx/xx/xxxx') (*AVAIL 'xx/xx/xxxx')) it looks great on screen: All security objects saved. ...

  1. backup result presentation

    Hi.

    My client asked me to be informed everyday about backup on their i5.

    I would like to send him information which I see by
    DSPLOG LOG(QHST) PERIOD((*AVAIL 'xx/xx/xxxx') (*AVAIL 'xx/xx/xxxx'))

    it looks great on screen:

    All security objects saved.
    All configuration objects saved.
    165 objects saved from library QSYS2.
    222 objects saved from library QGPL.
    3478 objects saved from QUSRSYS. 6 not saved.
    4 objects saved from library #LIBRARY.
    49 objects saved from library ASN.

    but when I execute DSPLOG with output set to *PRINT, spool file looks
    bit different:

    PC3732 00 COMPLETION All security objects saved.

    QEZBKTMFRI QSYSOPR 646922
    31/08/07 01:02:02.408560 QSYSOPR
    PC3736 00 COMPLETION All configuration objects saved.

    QEZBKTMFRI QSYSOPR 646922
    31/08/07 01:02:08.763584 QSYSOPR
    PC3701 00 COMPLETION 165 objects saved from library QSYS2.

    etc. etc.

    Mostly the same information but not so clear.

    Is there a method to prepare such a 'readable' spool file?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: backup result presentation

    il 31/08/2007 14.33, Scrive tomasz 40375864:
    > Hi.
    >
    > My client asked me to be informed everyday about backup on their i5.
    >
    > I would like to send him information which I see by
    > DSPLOG LOG(QHST) PERIOD((*AVAIL 'xx/xx/xxxx') (*AVAIL 'xx/xx/xxxx'))
    >
    > it looks great on screen:
    >
    > All security objects saved.
    > All configuration objects saved.
    > 165 objects saved from library QSYS2.
    > 222 objects saved from library QGPL.
    > 3478 objects saved from QUSRSYS. 6 not saved.
    > 4 objects saved from library #LIBRARY.
    > 49 objects saved from library ASN.
    >
    > but when I execute DSPLOG with output set to *PRINT, spool file looks
    > bit different:
    >
    > PC3732 00 COMPLETION All security objects saved.
    > QEZBKTMFRI QSYSOPR 646922 31/08/07
    > 01:02:02.408560 QSYSOPR
    > PC3736 00 COMPLETION All configuration objects saved.
    > QEZBKTMFRI QSYSOPR 646922 31/08/07
    > 01:02:08.763584 QSYSOPR
    > PC3701 00 COMPLETION 165 objects saved from library QSYS2.
    >
    > etc. etc.
    >
    > Mostly the same information but not so clear.
    >
    > Is there a method to prepare such a 'readable' spool file?

    You can read QHST* files directly, the record format is version/release
    dependant and is described in Work Management guide.