Problem Installing suse 10 on iSeries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Problem Installing suse 10 on iSeries - IBM AS400 ; It's my first installation of linux on iSeries. During activation of NWS I receive error on acessing stream file. On root of cd there is a file named iseries64. In NWS parameters I set IPLSTMF = '/QOPT/ISERIES64' but don't work. ...

  1. Problem Installing suse 10 on iSeries

    It's my first installation of linux on iSeries.
    During activation of NWS I receive error on acessing stream file.

    On root of cd there is a file named iseries64.
    In NWS parameters I set IPLSTMF = '/QOPT/ISERIES64' but don't work. I
    think the problem is here.

    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Problem Installing suse 10 on iSeries

    il 30/08/2007 17.23, Scrive wbrivio@gmail.com 38159792:
    > It's my first installation of linux on iSeries.
    > During activation of NWS I receive error on acessing stream file.
    >
    > On root of cd there is a file named iseries64.
    > In NWS parameters I set IPLSTMF = '/QOPT/ISERIES64' but don't work. I
    > think the problem is here.

    If your iSeries is a power5 one, e.g a model 520, you have to use the
    boot file for pSeries, the iSeries boot file is for power4 iSeries
    models. Depending on the Linux distribution the name and the structure
    of the cd directory varies.

  3. Re: Problem Installing suse 10 on iSeries

    On 30 Ago, 17:47, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:
    > il 30/08/2007 17.23, Scrive wbri...@gmail.com 38159792:> It's my first installation of linux on iSeries.
    > > During activation of NWS I receive error on acessing stream file.

    > > On root of cd there is a file named iseries64.
    > > In NWS parameters I set IPLSTMF = '/QOPT/ISERIES64' but don't work. I
    > > think the problem is here.

    > If your iSeries is a power5 one, e.g a model 520, you have to use the
    > boot file for pSeries, the iSeries boot file is for power4 iSeries
    > models. Depending on the Linux distribution the name and the structure
    > of the cd directory varies.
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    I need to install Suse Linux 10 on a iserie model 800. I don't know
    how to find in directory structure of dvd because I don't know the
    name and documentation don't help me.

    Anyone know name of boot file?

  4. Re: Problem Installing suse 10 on iSeries

    il 31/08/2007 15.18, Scrive wbrivio@gmail.com 40375864:
    > On 30 Ago, 17:47, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > wrote:
    >> il 30/08/2007 17.23, Scrive wbri...@gmail.com 38159792:> It's my first installation of linux on iSeries.
    >>> During activation of NWS I receive error on acessing stream file.
    >>> On root of cd there is a file named iseries64.
    >>> In NWS parameters I set IPLSTMF = '/QOPT/ISERIES64' but don't work. I
    >>> think the problem is here.

    >> If your iSeries is a power5 one, e.g a model 520, you have to use the
    >> boot file for pSeries, the iSeries boot file is for power4 iSeries
    >> models. Depending on the Linux distribution the name and the structure
    >> of the cd directory varies.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    >> Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    >> Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    >> schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    > I need to install Suse Linux 10 on a iserie model 800. I don't know
    > how to find in directory structure of dvd because I don't know the
    > name and documentation don't help me.
    >
    > Anyone know name of boot file?

    I don't know sles 10, for sles 9 it was /qopt/su90.001/install
    Try the command WRKLNK OBJ('/qopt/*') to browse the dvd.
    Then to read a dvd you need a dvd-rom or a dvd-ram drive, that was not a
    standard on model 800.