EBCDIC=>ASCII by FTP - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on EBCDIC=>ASCII by FTP - IBM AS400 ; Hello All, Is there a way to transfer an EBCDIC file from AS400 to PC or UNIX box via FTP and convert it to ASCII using FTP client? Thank you, Alona...

  1. EBCDIC=>ASCII by FTP

    Hello All,

    Is there a way to transfer an EBCDIC file from AS400 to PC or UNIX box
    via FTP and convert it to ASCII using FTP client?

    Thank you,
    Alona

  2. Re: EBCDIC=>ASCII by FTP

    Alona writes:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Is there a way to transfer an EBCDIC file from AS400 to PC or UNIX box
    > via FTP and convert it to ASCII using FTP client?

    If code pages are configured correctly it should be sufficient to use
    the "ASCII" command in the ftp client before getting or putting.
    --
    Thorbj°rn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: EBCDIC=>ASCII by FTP

    il 29/08/2007 18.45, Scrive Alona 38300992:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Is there a way to transfer an EBCDIC file from AS400 to PC or UNIX box
    > via FTP and convert it to ASCII using FTP client?

    Maybe I'm missing somewhat, that's the default behaviour, ftp commands
    ascii and bin (or image) toggle ebcdic to ascii connversion.

    --
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA˝e joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vŃo Ó merda