Candidate must have 10 yrs AS/400 management experience and must have
at least 14 people reporting to him/her. Programming in the background
is a must.

This is a full time position in Long Island

Director
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage IS Technical Development teams to provide and maintain and
smooth and efficient technical development of business solutions
following our standard development methodology. Lead a team of
technical project managers, technical project leaders and developers.
Responsible for system performance, analysis, troubleshooting and
planning. Technical responsibility for system architecture, data base
design, and interfaces between various applications. Plan and work
with operations team for systems upgrades, including hardware
upgrades, software upgrades, and new operating systems releases.
Responsible for executing TCO estimating and planning reviews for
application development projects. Perform a lead role in Change
Control process, attend change control meetings and work with
development managers to plan for and maintain quality control over
programming changes made to our production environments. Lead and
manage team of technical developers on multiple projects. Manage all
aspects of the technical team's performance, and be accountable for
same, and hold team accountable for their projects. Drive quality
control, on all implementations. Develop project plans including
timelines and resource allocation and drive team to adhere to plan.
Always approach projects in a cross-functional manner. Drive projects
through full development life cycle. Offer expertise and knowledge to
all associates. Manage scope of work. Recognize changes in the scope,
work with department heads to control scope. Focus on closure and
successful completions of deliverables and ensure team does the same.
Develop career paths for reporting line, identifying and providing
opportunities for associates. Proactively promote cross training.
Understand and Identify critical applications, and assign and train
alternate resources to support these key areas. Trouble shoot and
resolve system problems. Pull in appropriate resources as required.
Perform code optimization and performance tuning for all application
software solutions. Enhances existing systems as well as developing
new ones. Responsible for investigating, analyzing, estimating,
designing, coding, unit testing, implementing, documenting, training,
& supporting quality systems on-time and to budget. Develop code from
technical specifications. Produce quality code on schedule and within
budget. Manage team to do same. Follows our quality SDM procedures
when executing all programming initiatives proposed from our IS
Business Team associates. Develop complete and accurate technical
specifications from IS Business Team supplied business rules. Coach
business analysts on development of sound business rules where
necessary. Technically documents all new programs and modifications to
new ones. Provide accurate estimates to proposed solutions and be
accountable for same. Trains and supports I.S. Business Team sponsors
on technically developed solution. Maintains and follows all the
company standards. Participates in IS technical project development
meetings and provide input on possible solutions, pit falls and issues
regarding initiative. Participates in development of new & existing
methods and procedures for I.S. technical team & overall department.
Maintains confidentiality of necessary information. Provides weekly
status updates to Senior Director of I.S. Application Development and
maintain the weekly time sheets. Performs all duties inherent in the
role of the company Director including hiring, terminations, review
and development of associates. Fosters the company Culture in the
department and throughout the company to ensure unity of vision and
fulfillment of the company's mission. Participates in special projects
and performs additional duties as required.
Required Skills
Minimum of ten years experience programming on the AS/400 system
required. This includes experience in subfile, batch and interactive
programming. Minimum of ten years experience in project management,
business, system analysis and development of solid IS and business
solutions required. Minimum of ten years experience in structured
database design, developing Internet applications, Java/JavaScript, C+
+, and HTML required. Basic understanding of the PC, it's environment
and tools (Windows, Excel, Word, etc.) required.

EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or
equivalent experience required. Related formal IS training required.