Is it possible?! - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Is it possible?! - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, I have an old 170 model without any tape or optical devices. While browsing the net I have found IDE2SCSI adapters http://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_ide_adapters/aec7722.asp So I am interested can this work for As/400 if I have some IDE CD-RW / ...

  1. Is it possible?!

    Hi all,

    I have an old 170 model without any tape or optical devices.
    While browsing the net I have found IDE2SCSI adapters
    http://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_ide_adapters/aec7722.asp

    So I am interested can this work for As/400 if I have some
    IDE CD-RW / DVD-RW and I want it to connet to
    AS/400 trough this adapter?!

    Thanks,
    Niko

  2. Re: Is it possible?!

    For less than that you could buy an 400 tape drive or even a CD drive.

    On Aug 28, 5:01 am, "niko" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an old 170 model without any tape or optical devices.
    > While browsing the net I have found IDE2SCSI adaptershttp://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_ide_adapters/aec7722.asp
    >
    > So I am interested can this work for As/400 if I have some
    > IDE CD-RW / DVD-RW and I want it to connet to
    > AS/400 trough this adapter?!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Niko

  3. Re: Is it possible?!

    "roger" wrote in message
    news:1188342776.391614.157070@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
    > For less than that you could buy an 400 tape drive or even a CD drive.

    I was just interested! I have one spare IDE DVD-RW device so I was
    courious if this can work?!

    Thnx

    Niko

+ Reply to Thread