SNDDST Email - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SNDDST Email - IBM AS400 ; Is there any example somewhere on how to send a spool file from the as/400 using SNDDST (via smtp email)? for example, if I wanted to send a copy of a sales ticket or invoice or statement from the spool ...

  1. SNDDST Email

    Is there any example somewhere on how to send a spool file from the
    as/400 using SNDDST (via smtp email)? for example, if I wanted to
    send a copy of a sales ticket or invoice or statement from the spool
    file...

    I know there are commercial products out there which I haven't even
    started to evaluate, but just wondered if there are any "free
    examples" I could experiment with to get a better understanding of the
    capability of using this function.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    ga

    ga
    nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

  2. Re: SNDDST Email

    On Aug 27, 9:04 am, ga wrote:
    > Is there any example somewhere on how to send a spool file from the
    > as/400 using SNDDST (via smtp email)? for example, if I wanted to
    > send a copy of a sales ticket or invoice or statement from the spool
    > file...
    >
    > I know there are commercial products out there which I haven't even
    > started to evaluate, but just wondered if there are any "free
    > examples" I could experiment with to get a better understanding of the
    > capability of using this function.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    > ga
    >
    > ga
    > nos...@nospam.fmctc.com

    I copied the spool file to a physical file and then copied that
    physical file to stream file with a text extension into a folder in
    QDLS. Then use SNDDST with TYPE(*DOC) to send it.

    Thad Rizzi

  3. Re: SNDDST Email

    ga wrote:
    > Is there any example somewhere on how to send a spool file from the
    > as/400 using SNDDST (via smtp email)? for example, if I wanted to
    > send a copy of a sales ticket or invoice or statement from the spool
    > file...
    >
    > I know there are commercial products out there which I haven't even
    > started to evaluate, but just wondered if there are any "free
    > examples" I could experiment with to get a better understanding of the
    > capability of using this function.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    > ga
    >
    > ga
    > nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

    Thad's suggestion will work to a point. But it will not retain
    underlines, bold, spacing or pages.

    If you haven't seen my SPLTOOL utility, it may be worth checking out.
    Its very affordable, easy to use, and i5 native.. no extra PC needed.

    It will convert to Text, PDF, HTML or RTF. This could be used to
    convert to files in a folder and use SNDDST to email as an attachment.

    But, I would also suggest my MAILTOOL utility. Add it to SPLTOOL and
    you'll convert and email spooled files in one command.

    You can find these at www.bvstools.com/spltool.html and
    www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html respectivley.

    As always, feel free to contact me with questions.

    Brad
    www.bvstools.com

  4. Re: SNDDST Email

    I second Brad's post. You can *easily* spend more time developing
    this on your own than Brad's products cost.

    Scott Lindstrom

+ Reply to Thread