Generate spool file after STRDFU - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Generate spool file after STRDFU - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I cannot get the spool file generate after the strdfu. It was working fine before I migrate from V5R1 on 810 to V5R3 on 520. How can I get the spool file after I come out from dfu menu? ...

  1. Generate spool file after STRDFU

    Hi,

    I cannot get the spool file generate after the strdfu. It was working
    fine
    before I migrate from V5R1 on 810 to V5R3 on 520. How can I get the
    spool
    file after I come out from dfu menu?

    Many thanks.

  2. Re: Generate spool file after STRDFU

    Using UPDDTA with a temporary program, or CHGDTA with an existing
    program? If the former, then I believe the results of the temporary DFU
    program will reflect the last action in a permanent DFU program.

    Note: If the user profile was not migrated by restore [RSTUSRPRF],
    such that it was instead created [again] on the target system i520>, then the DFU defaults established with the *USRPRF object on the
    old system would be reset. That is, the /memory/ of the
    'previous specification' for preferred defaults is since lost, if the
    user profile was not restored.

    In STRDFU option 2=Create, specifying "Audit Report = Y" and then the
    specific control options noted below, would establish the defaults;
    maybe only after that DFU program is run using CHGDTA or STRDFU option
    1=Run.

    Define Audit Control
    Print additions . . . . . . . . Y
    Print changes . . . . . . . . . Y
    Print deletions . . . . . . . . Y

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    andywong18@gmail.com wrote:
    > I cannot get the spool file to generate after the strdfu. It was
    > working fine before I migrate from V5R1 on 810 to V5R3 on 520. How
    > can I get the spool file after I come out from dfu menu?

+ Reply to Thread