ISERIES spooled files to PDF? limitations?? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on ISERIES spooled files to PDF? limitations?? - IBM AS400 ; Can an as400 report of a width of roughly 230 show up in PDF?? Right now I have software to convert spools to PDF's but on wide widths they do not show up....

  1. ISERIES spooled files to PDF? limitations??

    Can an as400 report of a width of roughly 230 show up in PDF?? Right
    now I have software to convert spools to PDF's but on wide widths they
    do not show up.

  2. Re: ISERIES spooled files to PDF? limitations??

    "jacko" wrote in message
    news:1187349394.186965.290210@57g2000hsv.googlegro ups.com...
    > Can an as400 report of a width of roughly 230 show up in PDF?? Right
    > now I have software to convert spools to PDF's but on wide widths they
    > do not show up.

    This is simple to calculate...

    A4 = 8 1/4" × 11 3/4"

    8 1/4" * 20CPI = 165 chars on A4 portrait
    11 3/4" * 20CPI = 235 chars on A4 landscape

    So, on A4 landscape and 20CPI 230 should fit. (If you can, set margins to
    minimum).

    I have written SCS to PDF java library for our company internal use and have
    work
    with lists of 212CPI, but this should work for 230 greater also.

    What CPI is your spool?
    If CPI is GE 18CPI it will not fit on A4.
    Try to set PDF page size to A3 if your SW alows it.

    Cheers,
    Niko.

  3. Re: ISERIES spooled files to PDF? limitations??

    jacko writes:

    > Can an as400 report of a width of roughly 230 show up in PDF?? Right
    > now I have software to convert spools to PDF's but on wide widths they
    > do not show up.

    Can you rotate it? Or set the font size down?

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  4. Re: ISERIES spooled files to PDF? limitations??

    jacko wrote:
    > Can an as400 report of a width of roughly 230 show up in PDF?? Right
    > now I have software to convert spools to PDF's but on wide widths they
    > do not show up.

    What software are you using? If its my SPLTOOL package, you can use the
    SPLTOOL PDF Configuration (SPLPDFCFG) command to set up PDF attributes
    for the report.

    You enter the spooled file parms (length, width CPI and LPI) and then
    the settings for the resulting PDF file... page size normally stays the
    same, but the font size and line spacing are normally changed. Only so
    much can fit on a certain sized page, so shrinking the font is necessary.

    Brad
    www.bvstools.com

+ Reply to Thread