Twinax crimp pins - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Twinax crimp pins - IBM AS400 ; I'm moving a couple twinax cables. I cut the twinax connectors off to pull the cable thru some walls. Now I need new pins so I can reattach the twinax connectors to the cable. But I am out of pins. ...

  1. Twinax crimp pins

    I'm moving a couple twinax cables. I cut the twinax connectors off to
    pull the cable thru some walls. Now I need new pins so I can reattach
    the twinax connectors to the cable. But I am out of pins.

    Does anyone know of a US supplier for the crimp-on twinax pins?

    I ordered some from system3x.com but they have been on backorder since
    April of this year.

  2. Re: Twinax crimp pins

    On Aug 16, 12:33 pm, eb wrote:
    > I'm moving a couple twinax cables. I cut the twinax connectors off to
    > pull the cable thru some walls. Now I need new pins so I can reattach
    > the twinax connectors to the cable. But I am out of pins.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a US supplier for the crimp-on twinax pins?
    >
    > I ordered some from system3x.com but they have been on backorder since
    > April of this year.

    About 2 years ago I did some twin-ax install and the connectors I
    received had pins that were designed to be soldered in place. You
    might be able to go that route if you can't get the crimp-on pins.

    Chris

  3. Re: Twinax crimp pins

    On Aug 16, 3:33 pm, eb wrote:
    > I'm moving a couple twinax cables. I cut the twinax connectors off to
    > pull the cable thru some walls. Now I need new pins so I can reattach
    > the twinax connectors to the cable. But I am out of pins.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a US supplier for the crimp-on twinax pins?
    >
    > I ordered some from system3x.com but they have been on backorder since
    > April of this year.

    I got some from here a about a year ago. http://www.wiresupplies.com
    You'll probably have to call them.

+ Reply to Thread