Files used in Queries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Files used in Queries - IBM AS400 ; Hi Everyone, Is there any way to get spool file with all the queries on the AS 400 machine listed and corresponding query-files used in every query? I suppose a query can be written to get such a spool file. ...

  1. Files used in Queries

    Hi Everyone,

    Is there any way to get spool file with all the queries on the AS 400
    machine listed and corresponding query-files used in every query?

    I suppose a query can be written to get such a spool file.

    Can any one help me out?

    AURLAM

  2. Re: Files used in Queries

    To list a query, I use the following to copy it to a source file, which can
    then be listed

    RTVQMQRY QMQRY(&LIBRARY/&QUERY) +
    SRCFILE(TOOLBOX/QQMQRYSRC) SRCMBR(QUERY) +
    ALWQRYDFN(*YES)

    I have got a series of programs behind the L (for List) user defined option
    in PDM. You could put this in a loop in a CL program.
    Unfortumately, it does not extract all the information from the Query - for
    example if output is to a file, the file name is missing.

    Hope this helps

    Peter Kinsman

    "aurlam" wrote in message
    news:1187189478.700013.242440@z24g2000prh.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > Is there any way to get spool file with all the queries on the AS 400
    > machine listed and corresponding query-files used in every query?
    >
    > I suppose a query can be written to get such a spool file.
    >
    > Can any one help me out?
    >
    > AURLAM

+ Reply to Thread