Duplicate a tape ? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Duplicate a tape ? - IBM AS400 ; The DUPTAP command only works on two separate drives. How can I duplicate a tape on my 3581 LTO tape drive? We had an admin here do it before but they didn't write out the instructions. Thanks, -Bob...

  1. Duplicate a tape ?

    The DUPTAP command only works on two separate drives. How can I duplicate a
    tape on my 3581 LTO tape drive? We had an admin here do it before but they
    didn't write out the instructions.

    Thanks,

    -Bob

  2. Re: Duplicate a tape ?

    On Aug 13, 12:44 pm, "just bob" wrote:
    > The DUPTAP command only works on two separate drives. How can I duplicate a
    > tape on my 3581 LTO tape drive? We had an admin here do it before but they
    > didn't write out the instructions.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Bob

    There used to be a tool called DUPTAPIN and DUPTAPOUT using TAATOOLS,
    not sure if this will help you or not.

  3. Re: Duplicate a tape ?

    On Aug 13, 12:44 pm, "just bob" wrote:
    > The DUPTAP command only works on two separate drives. How can I duplicate a
    > tape on my 3581 LTO tape drive? We had an admin here do it before but they
    > didn't write out the instructions.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Bob

    Easiest way, IMHO, is to use Virtual Tape feature added in V5R4. Its
    an area of the IFS that looks like the tape drive to the system.
    Works pretty fast.

+ Reply to Thread