WDSC (windows server error) ? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on WDSC (windows server error) ? - IBM AS400 ; Added a new system under windows, try to connect to it and get this error. Make sure the datastore daemon is running?? and it shows port 0. Can you not connect to windows servers using WDSC?? I can connect to ...

  1. WDSC (windows server error) ?

    Added a new system under windows, try to connect to it and get this
    error.

    Make sure the datastore daemon is running?? and it shows port 0.

    Can you not connect to windows servers using WDSC?? I can connect to
    my local computer(XP) and to my I5 boxes with no problems. W2K3 are
    the boxes giving problems.

  2. Re: WDSC (windows server error) ?

    jacko writes:

    > Added a new system under windows, try to connect to it and get this
    > error.
    >
    > Make sure the datastore daemon is running?? and it shows port 0.

    Have you installed the prerequisite software on your Windows box?
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: WDSC (windows server error) ?

    On Aug 10, 1:54 pm, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen
    wrote:
    > jacko writes:
    > > Added a new system under windows, try to connect to it and get this
    > > error.

    > > Make sure the datastore daemon is running?? and it shows port 0.

    > Have you installed the prerequisite software on your Windows box?
    > --
    > Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

    probably not, do you have a link for this, thanks.

  4. Re: WDSC (windows server error) ?

    jacko writes:

    > probably not, do you have a link for this, thanks.

    The full instructions are available on the installation media if I
    recall correctly.

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread