Automated testing on iSeries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Automated testing on iSeries - IBM AS400 ; I have been charged with the onerous task of investigated testing tools for the iSeries. So far I have found - Aldon's TestBench and Original Software's product also called TestBench (or are these the same product). Are there are other ...

  1. Automated testing on iSeries

    I have been charged with the onerous task of investigated testing
    tools for the iSeries. So far I have found -
    Aldon's TestBench and Original Software's product also called
    TestBench (or are these the same product).
    Are there are other products out there that deserve a viewing?
    Regards to all.

  2. Re: Automated testing on iSeries

    GSER writes:

    > I have been charged with the onerous task of investigated testing
    > tools for the iSeries. So far I have found -
    > Aldon's TestBench and Original Software's product also called
    > TestBench (or are these the same product).
    > Are there are other products out there that deserve a viewing?

    If your needs can be fulfilled with a Java tool (i.e. everything needs
    to be driven from Java and results needs to be readable by Java[1]) then
    you have a lot to choose from. Look for "Continuous Integration",
    where you primarily are interested in the testing part.

    [1] You can probably do a lot in the underlying code, and just return
    a "Yes"/"No" thingie to Java, with an explanation for the report.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: Automated testing on iSeries

    They are both the the same product. Original Software is a UK company. We
    used the Testbench product. Good for regression testing, good for
    repeatable unit testing, good for viewing test results, good for test data
    extraction. Not cheap. Hard to get some of our folk to spend enough time
    to learn and used, but I think that's a problem in any shop. Haven't used
    it much lately since we're moving away from the iSeries.

    Sam

    "GSER" wrote in message
    news:1186733392.169357.120000@x35g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have been charged with the onerous task of investigated testing
    > tools for the iSeries. So far I have found -
    > Aldon's TestBench and Original Software's product also called
    > TestBench (or are these the same product).
    > Are there are other products out there that deserve a viewing?
    > Regards to all.

+ Reply to Thread