difference between 10 and 15 cpi - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on difference between 10 and 15 cpi - IBM AS400 ; Hi, On OS400 versions before V5R2 if I used CPI-15 on a OCL line (I know, I know) the OS took the "landscape" mode from the *WSCST. Using V5R2 it does not do that and it uses the "portrait" mode. ...

  1. difference between 10 and 15 cpi

    Hi,

    On OS400 versions before V5R2 if I used CPI-15 on a OCL line (I know, I
    know) the OS took the "landscape" mode from the *WSCST.
    Using V5R2 it does not do that and it uses the "portrait" mode. So for both
    10 and 15 cpi it uses the same setting, and that is annoying.
    Does anyone of you know if that is correct ? I hope not. And what I can do
    about that.

    Thx,
    Pjotr

  2. Re: difference between 10 and 15 cpi

    I had a similar problem going from a 436 at V3R7 to a 150 at V4R4. On the
    older box - and the 5363 that preceded it - TEXT-YES was enough to put print
    in portrait mode, but on the 150 it needed ROTATE-0. Have you tried using
    this keyword?

    Peter Kinsman

    "Pjotr" wrote in message
    news:46b1fb47$0$37743$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > On OS400 versions before V5R2 if I used CPI-15 on a OCL line (I know, I
    > know) the OS took the "landscape" mode from the *WSCST.
    > Using V5R2 it does not do that and it uses the "portrait" mode. So for
    > both 10 and 15 cpi it uses the same setting, and that is annoying.
    > Does anyone of you know if that is correct ? I hope not. And what I can do
    > about that.
    >
    > Thx,
    > Pjotr

  3. Re: difference between 10 and 15 cpi

    Thanks,

    I am going to try that. A ROTATE-COR did already change things.

    Pjotr

    Peter Kinsman wrote:
    > I had a similar problem going from a 436 at V3R7 to a 150 at V4R4. On the
    > older box - and the 5363 that preceded it - TEXT-YES was
    > enough to put print in portrait mode, but on the 150 it needed
    > ROTATE-0. Have you tried using this keyword?
    >
    > Peter Kinsman
    >
    > "Pjotr" wrote in message
    > news:46b1fb47$0$37743$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> On OS400 versions before V5R2 if I used CPI-15 on a OCL line (I
    >> know, I know) the OS took the "landscape" mode from the *WSCST.
    >> Using V5R2 it does not do that and it uses the "portrait" mode. So
    >> for both 10 and 15 cpi it uses the same setting, and that is
    >> annoying. Does anyone of you know if that is correct ? I hope not. And
    >> what I
    >> can do about that.
    >>
    >> Thx,
    >> Pjotr

  4. Re: difference between 10 and 15 cpi

    Another problem when we went to 4.4 and printed in landscape on a laser -
    FONT-DD I think - was a change in the perceived width to height ratio
    somewhere in the emulation, so that instead of a page almost full of legible
    characters, we now got tiny characters which were only about two thirds of
    the width of the paper. I now use something like this, even within an OCL
    procedure.
    OVRPRTF FILE(PRINT) PAGESIZE(60 132) LPI(8) CPI(12) +
    OVRFLW(50) FONT(*CPI) +
    PAGRTT(90) OUTQ(LASER) SAVE(*YES)

    Peter

    "Pjotr" wrote in message
    news:46b22958$0$37752$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl...
    > Thanks,
    >
    > I am going to try that. A ROTATE-COR did already change things.
    >
    > Pjotr
    >

    > Peter Kinsman wrote:
    >> I had a similar problem going from a 436 at V3R7 to a 150 at V4R4. On the
    >> older box - and the 5363 that preceded it - TEXT-YES was
    >> enough to put print in portrait mode, but on the 150 it needed
    >> ROTATE-0. Have you tried using this keyword?
    >>
    >> Peter Kinsman
    >>
    >> "Pjotr" wrote in message
    >> news:46b1fb47$0$37743$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> On OS400 versions before V5R2 if I used CPI-15 on a OCL line (I
    >>> know, I know) the OS took the "landscape" mode from the *WSCST.
    >>> Using V5R2 it does not do that and it uses the "portrait" mode. So
    >>> for both 10 and 15 cpi it uses the same setting, and that is
    >>> annoying. Does anyone of you know if that is correct ? I hope not. And
    >>> what I
    >>> can do about that.
    >>>
    >>> Thx,
    >>> Pjotr