Zebra S4M and iSeries - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Zebra S4M and iSeries - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I have a problem with printing on S4M with internal Print Server II. I used to use S4M with HP Jet directs. On iSeries I usually configure outques with "Remote printer queue" parameter set to RAW1 (2 or 3). ...

  1. Zebra S4M and iSeries

    Hi.
    I have a problem with printing on S4M with internal Print Server II.
    I used to use S4M with HP Jet directs. On iSeries I usually configure
    outques with "Remote printer queue" parameter set to RAW1 (2 or 3).

    Now according to PSII manual I've set this parameter to 'portLF1'.
    Unfortunatelly it doesn't work. I work on V5R4.

    Does anybody has any experience with S4M with PSII and iSeries?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: Zebra S4M and iSeries

    > I have a problem with printing on S4M with internal Print Server II.
    > I used to use S4M with HP Jet directs. On iSeries I usually configure
    > outques with "Remote printer queue" parameter set to RAW1 (2 or 3).
    > Now according to PSII manual I've set this parameter to 'portLF1'.
    > Unfortunatelly it doesn't work. I work on V5R4.
    >
    > Does anybody has any experience with S4M with PSII and iSeries?

    Hi,

    I've only used the Zebra Z4MPlus with the internal PSII network cards,
    but if it is of any help, here is a copy of my OUTQ configuration:

    CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/ZEBQ) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) +
    RMTPRTQ('RAW1') AUTOSTRWTR(1) +
    MSGQ(QUSRSYS/ZEBQ) CNNTYPE(*IP) +
    DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) +
    INTNETADR('192.205.14.187') DESTOPT('XAIX') +
    TEXT('Zebra printer queue')

    Prior to creating the above OUTQ I created the message queue in
    QUSRSYS.

    HTH.

  3. Re: Zebra S4M and iSeries

    Hi Tomasz

    I had a number of problems setting up a Zebra using their internal
    print server.

    If you look at this thread you will
    find full instructions on how I set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z using their
    internal print server.

    HTH.

    Cheers,
    Neil

  4. Re: Zebra S4M and iSeries

    Sorry I was expecting the link to come out in a friendlier format.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....=zebra&rnum=1#

    Cheers
    Neil

  5. Re: Zebra S4M and iSeries

    Newbie_Neil napisaƂ(a):
    > Sorry I was expecting the link to come out in a friendlier format.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....=zebra&rnum=1#
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil

    Thanks, it's fine now.