New DB2 Web Query offering - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on New DB2 Web Query offering - IBM AS400 ; Have you seen the new announcement from IBM about the new DB2 Web Query offering? It s about time we get some quality tooling in this area. I am not sure why IBM is not making more noise about this ...

  1. New DB2 Web Query offering

    Have you seen the new announcement from IBM about the new DB2 Web
    Query offering? It s about time we get some quality tooling in this
    area. I am not sure why IBM is not making more noise about this
    offering. It looks great. It is web based DB2 query with charts,
    graphs, drill-down, etc. is it just me, or is tis another bets kept
    secret? More info -> http://www.optimussolutions.com/form...?source=igroup

  2. Re: New DB2 Web Query offering

    Looks like it could be interesting, however there are already several query
    products on the market today and this offering from IBM looks to be simply
    the light version of an Information Builders product.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Get the information you need. Now!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    wrote in message
    news:1185891131.330942.156550@l70g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > Have you seen the new announcement from IBM about the new DB2 Web
    > Query offering? It s about time we get some quality tooling in this
    > area. I am not sure why IBM is not making more noise about this
    > offering. It looks great. It is web based DB2 query with charts,
    > graphs, drill-down, etc. is it just me, or is tis another bets kept
    > secret? More info ->
    > http://www.optimussolutions.com/form...?source=igroup

  3. Re: New DB2 Web Query offering

    il 01/08/2007 5.57, Scrive Richard Schoen 40392272:
    > Looks like it could be interesting, however there are already several query
    > products on the market today and this offering from IBM looks to be simply
    > the light version of an Information Builders product.

    More or less. What's very interesting is that as this product is the
    dirct substitution for query/400, thus convert *QRYDFN objects, is free
    for customers tha have a sw maintinance (former sw subscription) and in
    the past purchased query/400 (57**-QU1)

  4. Re: New DB2 Web Query offering

    On Aug 1, 3:59 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:
    > il 01/08/2007 5.57, Scrive Richard Schoen 40392272:> Looks like it could be interesting, however there are already several query
    > > products on the market today and this offering from IBM looks to be simply
    > > the light version of an Information Builders product.

    > More or less. What's very interesting is that as this product is the
    > dirct substitution for query/400, thus convert *QRYDFN objects, is free
    > for customers tha have a sw maintinance (former sw subscription) and in
    > the past purchased query/400 (57**-QU1)
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    Thanks for pointing that out. I should have done so. It is a direct
    substitution for QU1, and wll be a no cost solution for many of us.

  5. Re: New DB2 Web Query offering

    "Dr.UgoGagliardelli" wrote in message
    > il 01/08/2007 5.57, Scrive Richard Schoen 40392272:
    >> Looks like it could be interesting, however there are already several
    >> query products on the market today and this offering from IBM looks to be
    >> simply the light version of an Information Builders product.

    > More or less. What's very interesting is that as this product is the dirct
    > substitution for query/400, thus convert *QRYDFN objects, is free for
    > customers tha have a sw maintinance (former sw subscription) and in the
    > past purchased query/400 (57**-QU1)

    Should be mentioned that it requires V5R4. Other than that, it looks worth
    a look. (Unfortunately, we're on V5R3.)

    Sam

  6. Re: New DB2 Web Query offering

    The new DB2 Web Query product will become available on September 14th.
    The product does required V5R4 and customer who have Query/400 and a
    current Software maintence (SWMA) contract will have an entitlement to
    some number of user licenses based upon their software tier.

    For example, a customer in a very small iSeries with a P05 software
    tier will have an entitlement to 2 user licenses, a P10 will garner 4
    licenses, etc. Eligible customers will get this product when they
    ooder V5R4 or order a no-charge refresh of V5R4 after the 14th.

    DB2 Web Query uses the LWI (Lightweight Web Infrastructure) WAS and
    not Websphere. As a result, the resource footprint is much smaller.
    Aside form that, the LWI is installed and started as a part of the
    application. There is no separate user interface for it nor any
    additional administration.

    As a beta tester I have been using the product since mid-May. In 26
    years with IBM, all of them in the System 3X world, I have never been
    as excited, nor seen my customers as excited, about a product.

    This product is absolutely outstanding! It runs native in i5/OS and
    directly manipulates DB2 on the 400 locally and remotely. Aside from
    that, Information builders has over 300 additional adapters you can
    acquire to talk to EVERY relational RDBMS known to man. Therefore,
    ferderated queries (those composed of sources from say DB2/400, SQL
    Server and Oracle) are possible. There are adapters for most popular
    ERP systems too.

    This product is intense and highly functional. It WILL become the
    dominate query/report writer on the System i. Match is up with a very
    inexpesive model 515 or 525 and you have a data mart second to none.

    I hope to have a web site up in the next few days where you can
    download movie clips of different types of reports being built and
    executed so that you can see some of the power this solution brings to
    the markeplace.

    And aside from my enthusiasm we are realy VERY interested in hearing
    your opinions of this product once you've have a chance tio see it in
    action.

  7. Re: New DB2 Web Query offering

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:13:48 GMT, Darryl Johns wrote:

    >The new DB2 Web Query product will become available on September 14th.
    >The product does required V5R4 and customer who have Query/400 and a
    >current Software maintence (SWMA) contract will have an entitlement to
    >some number of user licenses based upon their software tier.
    >
    >For example, a customer in a very small iSeries with a P05 software
    >tier will have an entitlement to 2 user licenses, a P10 will garner 4
    >licenses, etc. Eligible customers will get this product when they
    >ooder V5R4 or order a no-charge refresh of V5R4 after the 14th.
    >
    >DB2 Web Query uses the LWI (Lightweight Web Infrastructure) WAS and
    >not Websphere. As a result, the resource footprint is much smaller.
    >Aside form that, the LWI is installed and started as a part of the
    >application. There is no separate user interface for it nor any
    >additional administration.
    >
    >As a beta tester I have been using the product since mid-May. In 26
    >years with IBM, all of them in the System 3X world, I have never been
    >as excited, nor seen my customers as excited, about a product.
    >
    >This product is absolutely outstanding! It runs native in i5/OS and
    >directly manipulates DB2 on the 400 locally and remotely. Aside from
    >that, Information builders has over 300 additional adapters you can
    >acquire to talk to EVERY relational RDBMS known to man. Therefore,
    >ferderated queries (those composed of sources from say DB2/400, SQL
    >Server and Oracle) are possible. There are adapters for most popular
    >ERP systems too.
    >
    >This product is intense and highly functional. It WILL become the
    >dominate query/report writer on the System i. Match is up with a very
    >inexpesive model 515 or 525 and you have a data mart second to none.
    >
    >I hope to have a web site up in the next few days where you can
    >download movie clips of different types of reports being built and
    >executed so that you can see some of the power this solution brings to
    >the markeplace.
    >
    >And aside from my enthusiasm we are realy VERY interested in hearing
    >your opinions of this product once you've have a chance tio see it in
    >action.

+ Reply to Thread