i5 515 CPU question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on i5 515 CPU question - IBM AS400 ; Hi. We've just bought new i5 model 515. I think it should have 2 processors on board. One active and one inactive. When I check it I see: Resource Type-model Status Text MP01 8327 Not detected System Processor Card MP02 ...

  1. i5 515 CPU question

    Hi.
    We've just bought new i5 model 515.
    I think it should have 2 processors on board. One active and one
    inactive. When I check it I see:

    Resource Type-model Status Text
    MP01 8327 Not detected System Processor Card
    MP02 8327 Operational System Processor Card

    Is if correct? Is my 2nd processor inactive or perhaps there isn't any
    2nd one?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: i5 515 CPU question

    The 1-way i515 models only have one processor /available/, whereas
    the 1/2-way i525 models come with a second available processor included
    awaiting its activation for an upgrade to 2-way. The upgrade to a 2-way
    i515 model from a 1-way, requires a replacement of part(s).

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    tomasz wrote:
    > We've just bought new i5 model 515.
    > I think it should have 2 processors on board. One active and one
    > inactive. When I check it I see:
    >
    > Resource Type-model Status Text
    > MP01 8327 Not detected System Processor Card
    > MP02 8327 Operational System Processor Card
    >
    > Is it correct? Is my 2nd processor inactive or perhaps there isn't any
    > 2nd one?

  3. Re: i5 515 CPU question

    CRPence napisał(a):
    > The 1-way i515 models only have one processor /available/, whereas the
    > 1/2-way i525 models come with a second available processor included
    > awaiting its activation for an upgrade to 2-way. The upgrade to a 2-way
    > i515 model from a 1-way, requires a replacement of part(s).
    >
    > Regards, Chuck

    Thanks for information.
    Now it's clear for me.

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  4. Re: i5 515 CPU question

    On Jul 31, 8:56 am, tomasz wrote:
    > Hi.
    > We've just bought new i5 model 515.
    > I think it should have 2 processors on board. One active and one
    > inactive. When I check it I see:
    >
    > Resource Type-model Status Text
    > MP01 8327 Not detected System Processor Card
    > MP02 8327 Operational System Processor Card
    >
    > Is if correct? Is my 2nd processor inactive or perhaps there isn't any
    > 2nd one?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

    Theer are several 515 configurations. You can get 2 processosr on a
    515
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/edit...stemi_515.html

+ Reply to Thread