Apache HTTP server instance on an i570 running V5R3M0 question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Apache HTTP server instance on an i570 running V5R3M0 question - IBM AS400 ; Hello fellow travellers. . . I have a quick question re: HTTP server instance mapping on a new i570. I've created a test instance, and it's hosting fine, with a hard to remember address of http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:82 Question: where is the ...

  1. Apache HTTP server instance on an i570 running V5R3M0 question

    Hello fellow travellers. . .
    I have a quick question re: HTTP server instance mapping on a new
    i570.
    I've created a test instance, and it's hosting fine, with a hard to
    remember address of http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:82

    Question: where is the mapping done to assist users to resolve to the
    HTTP server via a name, rather than IP address? I have a feeling it's
    the office comms team that have to do some kind of DNS mapping on a
    router, rather than the AS/400. All assistance appreciated. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Greg Chijoff
    EDS Sydney Australia

  2. Re: Apache HTTP server instance on an i570 running V5R3M0 question

    greg.chijoff@eds.com writes:

    > Question: where is the mapping done to assist users to resolve to the
    > HTTP server via a name, rather than IP address? I have a feeling it's
    > the office comms team that have to do some kind of DNS mapping on a

    You are correct, it needs to be set up in DNS to be visible to your
    users.

    Ask your network responsible to help you. If that happens to be you,
    you most likely need to talk to your internet service provider.

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread