*AFPDS printing - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on *AFPDS printing - IBM AS400 ; I have printed barcodes on laser printers before using *afpds, so thats no problem. But now I desire to print up to 2" tall text & barcodes on 8.5 x 11 peel and stick paper. I'm having no luck trying ...

  1. *AFPDS printing

    I have printed barcodes on laser printers before using *afpds, so
    thats no problem.

    But now I desire to print up to 2" tall text & barcodes on 8.5 x 11
    peel and stick paper.

    I'm having no luck trying to print large pointsize text. Can anyone
    supply a dds example for printing text with large pointsizes like 72
    or 144.

    Output will be sent to a hp laser printer.

    I can view my output with Workbench Viewer and see large fonts, but
    they print 10 pointsize when sent to the printer. I could print from
    Workbench Viewer, but barcodes don't show in the viewer.

  2. Re: *AFPDS printing

    il 30/07/2007 22.04, Scrive eb 40329944:
    > I have printed barcodes on laser printers before using *afpds, so
    > thats no problem.
    >
    > But now I desire to print up to 2" tall text & barcodes on 8.5 x 11
    > peel and stick paper.
    >
    > I'm having no luck trying to print large pointsize text. Can anyone
    > supply a dds example for printing text with large pointsizes like 72
    > or 144.
    >
    > Output will be sent to a hp laser printer.
    >
    > I can view my output with Workbench Viewer and see large fonts, but
    > they print 10 pointsize when sent to the printer. I could print from
    > Workbench Viewer, but barcodes don't show in the viewer.

    The point size depends on the font you're using. Basically you can use
    resident fonts or host fonts. The 1st one are defined as resident inside
    the printer, if the printer does't have such a font will print with a
    possibly similar font, where "similar" can range from "very dissimilar"
    to "quite similar" depending on the printer type. Host fonts match
    exactly on any printer. Host fonts can be raster or "outline" (like
    vector fonts), both these kind of fonts must be on the system. While
    each raster font object identify a single size, outlined fonts can be
    mapped to any size.
    In your printer file, if you use a keyword like FONT(203) you're using a
    resident font, if you use FNTCHRSET(FONTSET CODEPAGE) you're using a
    raster font, while FNTCHRSET(FONTSET CODEPAGE (*POINTSIZE 72)) use an
    outline font. This last way is what I suggest you.
    IBM Font collection, is a suite of host fonts both raster and outline
    fully supported by PSF and HPT, that I advise too.

  3. Re: *AFPDS printing

    On Jul 31, 3:40 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:
    > il 30/07/2007 22.04, Scrive eb 40329944:
    >

    > > I have printed barcodes on laser printers before using *afpds, so
    > > thats no problem.

    > > But now I desire to print up to 2" tall text & barcodes on 8.5 x 11
    > > peel and stick paper.

    > > I'm having no luck trying to print large pointsize text. Can anyone
    > > supply a dds example for printing text with large pointsizes like 72
    > > or 144.

    > > Output will be sent to a hp laser printer.

    > > I can view my output with Workbench Viewer and see large fonts, but
    > > they print 10 pointsize when sent to the printer. I could print from
    > > Workbench Viewer, but barcodes don't show in the viewer.

    > The point size depends on the font you're using. Basically you can use
    > resident fonts or host fonts. The 1st one are defined as resident inside
    > the printer, if the printer does't have such a font will print with a
    > possibly similar font, where "similar" can range from "very dissimilar"
    > to "quite similar" depending on the printer type. Host fonts match
    > exactly on any printer. Host fonts can be raster or "outline" (like
    > vector fonts), both these kind of fonts must be on the system. While
    > each raster font object identify a single size, outlined fonts can be
    > mapped to any size.
    > In your printer file, if you use a keyword like FONT(203) you're using a
    > resident font, if you use FNTCHRSET(FONTSET CODEPAGE) you're using a
    > raster font, while FNTCHRSET(FONTSET CODEPAGE (*POINTSIZE 72)) use an
    > outline font. This last way is what I suggest you.
    > IBM Font collection, is a suite of host fonts both raster and outline
    > fully supported by PSF and HPT, that I advise too.
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Hide quotedtext -

    I was able to accomplish my goal with the following code.

    LOCAT1 20 9 3FNTCHRSET(QFNTCPL/CZ6200 -
    QFNTCPL/T1SKB001 -
    (*POINTSIZE 90))

  4. Re: *AFPDS printing

    il 31/07/2007 17.19, Scrive eb 38277048:
    > On Jul 31, 3:40 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > wrote:
    >> il 30/07/2007 22.04, Scrive eb 40329944:

    > Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    > I was able to accomplish my goal with the following code.
    >
    > LOCAT1 20 9 3FNTCHRSET(QFNTCPL/CZ6200 -
    > QFNTCPL/T1SKB001 -
    > (*POINTSIZE 90))

    I'm happy to know. )