NFS mounts from iSeries to Windows - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on NFS mounts from iSeries to Windows - IBM AS400 ; Hi, Is there a way to create an NFS mount from an iSeries running V5R3 to a Windows 2003 server? I want a user to be able to put files onto the 2003 server and then run an option on ...

  1. NFS mounts from iSeries to Windows

    Hi,

    Is there a way to create an NFS mount from an iSeries running V5R3 to
    a Windows 2003 server? I want a user to be able to put files onto the
    2003 server and then run an option on the iSeries which does a number
    of other tasks but also copies the file from the NFS mount into a
    document repository that we've got setup.

    It's the NFS mount side of things that I've got the problem with. I
    know that I could let the user put the file on the IFS on the iSeries
    and do it that way .............

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. Re: NFS mounts from iSeries to Windows

    Silverfox writes:

    > It's the NFS mount side of things that I've got the problem with. I
    > know that I could let the user put the file on the IFS on the iSeries
    > and do it that way .............

    Microsoft has a free package (Unix Services or so) which contains both
    NFS server and client. You may want to install it on your Windows
    box.

    Played with it when it came out - have no idea whether it will work

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: NFS mounts from iSeries to Windows

    Not sure if it does what you need, but you can access Windows shares
    from the iSeries by using the /QNTC file system.

  4. Re: NFS mounts from iSeries to Windows

    NFS works fine. Install Windows Services for Unix V3.5 on the Windows
    Server and it should work for you.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Get the information you need. Now!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "Silverfox" wrote in message
    news:1185809767.185494.5860@k79g2000hse.googlegrou ps.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to create an NFS mount from an iSeries running V5R3 to
    > a Windows 2003 server? I want a user to be able to put files onto the
    > 2003 server and then run an option on the iSeries which does a number
    > of other tasks but also copies the file from the NFS mount into a
    > document repository that we've got setup.
    >
    > It's the NFS mount side of things that I've got the problem with. I
    > know that I could let the user put the file on the IFS on the iSeries
    > and do it that way .............
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve

+ Reply to Thread