save spool files v5r4 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on save spool files v5r4 - IBM AS400 ; Can someone point me to an example of how to do this - save spool flies to tape under v5r4? thanks, ga ga nospam@nospam.fmctc.com...

  1. save spool files v5r4

    Can someone point me to an example of how to do this - save spool
    flies to tape under v5r4?

    thanks,
    ga
    ga
    nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

  2. Re: save spool files v5r4

    On Jul 30, 10:02 pm, ga wrote:
    > Can someone point me to an example of how to do this - save spool
    > flies to tape under v5r4?
    >
    > thanks,
    > ga
    > ga
    > nos...@nospam.fmctc.com

    Ga,
    You could, assuming you have a recent set loaded, always use Jim
    Sloan's TAATOOLS
    command: SPLARC - spool archive: http://www.taatools.com/document/L_splarc.htm

    Alternately, under V5R4, you could try:
    http://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/sys.../v5r4print.pdf
    http://www.itjungle.com/fhs/fhs013106-story02.html

    Good luck!
    Greg Chijoff
    EDS Sydney Australia

  3. Re: save spool files v5r4

    il 30/07/2007 14.56, Scrive greg.chijoff@eds.com 38128584:
    > On Jul 30, 10:02 pm, ga wrote:
    >> Can someone point me to an example of how to do this - save spool
    >> flies to tape under v5r4?

    On eah SAV* command you can say SPLFDTA(*ALL) parameter, that will save
    all spooled files on each output queue included by the SAV* command.
    --
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAńe joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers văo ŕ merda

  4. Re: save spool files v5r4

    Use SAVOBJ or SAVLIB with SPLFDTA(*ALL) to save all spooled files in one
    or more output queues.

    If you want to be more selective, you would need to code to API QSRSAVO
    or consider purchasing BRMS or maybe some third party that may have
    coded to the new interfaces.

    QUSRTOOL does have a tool that makes use of the APIs QSRRSTO and QSRSAVO
    and may provide some features you may be looking for. Sadly don't
    recall the name of the tool...wasn't the author of that one :-).

    For the most part, most people will want to use the SAVOBJ method (i.e.
    by OUTQ). If you pick and choose using the API QSRSAVO, then the only
    way to restore will likely be through the QSRRSTO API. This has to do
    with how the data is stored when one is selective (no queue associated
    with the group of spooled files).

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Technical Team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400) Spool

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

+ Reply to Thread