Hail Tom Liotta - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Hail Tom Liotta - IBM AS400 ; It took me a long time to get around to resolving my question in the May 1 thread AS/400 print queue data to P.C. (whose current Google Groups newsgroup page won't let me post to, interestingly "timing out the thread" ...

  1. Hail Tom Liotta

    It took me a long time to get around to resolving my question in the
    May 1 thread
    AS/400 print queue data to P.C.
    (whose current Google Groups newsgroup page won't let me post to,
    interestingly "timing out the thread" I suppose).

    Your suggestion of taking the iSeries configuration and clicking
    printer rocked the friggin' planet. In session B I looked at the list
    of output queues and whoa doggies there was my workstation. The first
    blast to it popped up a dialog (identical to iSeries' File/Printer
    Setup) and I chose file(append) and clicked setup to give it a drive,
    folder(directory) and filename FOO. I changed a conventional print
    queue job to my queue, released it, said I to my good friend cancel/
    retry/ignore ... and good Gawd foo.txt starting filling up with output
    queue plasma. SOaB it really WORKED.

    Hail Tom Liotta for his guidance thereof.

  2. Re: Hail Tom Liotta

    zofficedepot wrote:

    > SOaB it really WORKED.

    If ya' make enough random guesses, one'll be right sooner or later. I
    haven't done exactly what you were doing but it was close enough to make
    the suggestion.

    Glad it helped. And by the sound of it, it was clear enough to see why
    it worked. You'll probably send a similar hint to someone else someday.

    --
    Tom Liotta
    http://zap.to/tl400

+ Reply to Thread