Using JTOpen: SequentialFile.open gives CFP4128 and disconnectService hangs - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Using JTOpen: SequentialFile.open gives CFP4128 and disconnectService hangs - IBM AS400 ; Hi ther, my app is running with JDK 1.3.1 under RedHat Linux and is using threads. When my admin locks the file on the iSeries (i5r3) I want to open for read/write to do record-level access (using class SequentialFile) the ...

  1. Using JTOpen: SequentialFile.open gives CFP4128 and disconnectService hangs

    Hi ther,

    my app is running with JDK 1.3.1 under RedHat Linux and is using
    threads.

    When my admin locks the file on the iSeries (i5r3) I want to open for
    read/write to do record-level access (using class SequentialFile) the
    open method waits for 2 or 3 minutes on the file and throws the
    exception com.ibm.as400.access.AS400Exception: CFP4128 ...

    That's the expected behaviour, I think. Now I want to close the
    connection to the iSeries, wait for a little time an reconnect again.
    To do this I first do a disconnectServices (the same with
    resetAllServices) and at this point the thread hangs. I waited for a
    time but the thread was still hanging. I can't get around it. I think
    there is a problem with the underlying socket blocking IO.

    Bug or Feature? Any ideas which could help?

    Thanx in advance,
    Patrick

  2. Re: Using JTOpen: SequentialFile.open gives CFP4128 and disconnectService hangs

    pater_rick@gmx.de writes:

    > resetAllServices) and at this point the thread hangs. I waited for a
    > time but the thread was still hanging. I can't get around it. I think

    Check if the job doing your work is waiting for a reply message.

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: Using JTOpen: SequentialFile.open gives CFP4128 and disconnectService hangs

    On 26 Jul 2007 23:10:36 +0200, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen
    wrote:

    >pater_rick@gmx.de writes:
    >
    >> resetAllServices) and at this point the thread hangs. I waited for a
    >> time but the thread was still hanging. I can't get around it. I think

    >Check if the job doing your work is waiting for a reply message.

    Yes, it seems so. But how can I get around it with my Java client
    using the JTopen-Toolkit? The admin of the iSeries don't want to
    change the configuration (ie using system reply queues or whatever).

    Thanx for help,
    Patrick

  4. Re: Using JTOpen: SequentialFile.open gives CFP4128 and disconnectService hangs

    pater_rick@gmx.de writes:

    > Yes, it seems so. But how can I get around it with my Java client
    > using the JTopen-Toolkit? The admin of the iSeries don't want to
    > change the configuration (ie using system reply queues or whatever).

    When I have an AS400 object, I explicitly run the command to set the
    default reply to the default (if I recall correctly). The toolbox
    have methods to retreive information about the job and the message so
    they can be logged on the Java side.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread