OLE DB/ADO - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on OLE DB/ADO - IBM AS400 ; Can anyone provide information on creating a link between the iSeries and MS Word using OLE DB/ADO? I'm wanting to update a table in a Word Document using a primary and two secondary files on the iSeries. I need to ...

  1. OLE DB/ADO

    Can anyone provide information on creating a link between the iSeries
    and MS Word using OLE DB/ADO?

    I'm wanting to update a table in a Word Document using a primary and
    two secondary files on the iSeries. I need to write a VB Script to
    process the files the way I want to process them, and as far as I
    know, ODBC won't allow me to do that.

    Any input would be helpful.

    Thanks,

    Romine

  2. Re: OLE DB/ADO

    Google the web for OLE or ADO and iSeries and you should be able to find
    some sample code.

    You should be able to accomplish what you need.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Get the information you need. Now!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "Romine" wrote in message
    news:1185404226.649670.139590@r34g2000hsd.googlegr oups.com...
    > Can anyone provide information on creating a link between the iSeries
    > and MS Word using OLE DB/ADO?
    >
    > I'm wanting to update a table in a Word Document using a primary and
    > two secondary files on the iSeries. I need to write a VB Script to
    > process the files the way I want to process them, and as far as I
    > know, ODBC won't allow me to do that.
    >
    > Any input would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Romine

  3. Re: OLE DB/ADO

    You can do it using some commercial 3rd party software. Ours requires no
    script programming. Only on iSeries (CL, RPG, ...)

    See demo at http://www.easycom-aura.com/us/launcher.asp

    Romine a écrit :
    > Can anyone provide information on creating a link between the iSeries
    > and MS Word using OLE DB/ADO?
    >
    > I'm wanting to update a table in a Word Document using a primary and
    > two secondary files on the iSeries. I need to write a VB Script to
    > process the files the way I want to process them, and as far as I
    > know, ODBC won't allow me to do that.
    >
    > Any input would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Romine