crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3 - IBM AS400 ; using crystal reports on XP and W2K3. client access v5r4. on the XP system, the odbc connection works fine. On w2k3 server, getting the following errors: - failed to retrieve data from the database - details: hy000:[IBM][ISeries access ODBC driver][DB2 ...

  1. crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3

    using crystal reports on XP and W2K3. client access v5r4.

    on the XP system, the odbc connection works fine. On w2k3 server,
    getting the following errors:
    - failed to retrieve data from the database
    - details: hy000:[IBM][ISeries access ODBC driver][DB2 UDB] SQL5001
    Column qualifier or table xxxxx undefined.

    crystal is able to retrieve the table names and columns. but fails
    getting the data when I run the report. Dont see it as an authority
    issue because I am using the same as400 user profile on the working XP
    system.

    any ideas how to troubleshoot? so far crystal tech support is
    stumped.

    thanks,

    -Steve

  2. Re: crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3

    on the system that is working the sql stmt looks like this:

    SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    FROM "B1038B5M"."LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"

    on the system that fails, there is a "/" instead of a ".".
    SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    FROM "B1038B5M"/"LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"

    is this an sql naming convention issue? is that set somewhere in
    client access?

    thanks,

    -Steve

    On Jul 25, 11:18 am, Steve Richter wrote:
    > using crystal reports on XP and W2K3. client access v5r4.
    >
    > on the XP system, the odbc connection works fine. On w2k3 server,
    > getting the following errors:
    > - failed to retrieve data from the database
    > - details: hy000:[IBM][ISeries access ODBC driver][DB2 UDB] SQL5001
    > Column qualifier or table xxxxx undefined.
    >
    > crystal is able to retrieve the table names and columns. but fails
    > getting the data when I run the report. Dont see it as an authority
    > issue because I am using the same as400 user profile on the working XP
    > system.
    >
    > any ideas how to troubleshoot? so far crystal tech support is
    > stumped.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > -Steve

  3. Re: crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3

    Steve Richter wrote:
    > on the system that is working the sql stmt looks like this:
    >
    > SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    > FROM "B1038B5M"."LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"
    >
    > on the system that fails, there is a "/" instead of a ".".
    > SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    > FROM "B1038B5M"/"LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"
    >
    > is this an sql naming convention issue?

    Yes.

    > is that set somewhere in
    > client access?

    It's set in the ODBC connection defintion. On my
    iSeries Access (Win XP) ODBC setup menu, it's the
    second tab, Server. The first field is called 'Naming
    convention', and it's a drop-down box. If you want to
    leave the forward slash as the separator, you'll need
    to change the naming convention to System Naming
    Convention (*SYS).

    > thanks,
    >
    > -Steve
    >

    > On Jul 25, 11:18 am, Steve Richter wrote:
    >> using crystal reports on XP and W2K3. client access v5r4.
    >>
    >> on the XP system, the odbc connection works fine. On w2k3 server,
    >> getting the following errors:
    >> - failed to retrieve data from the database
    >> - details: hy000:[IBM][ISeries access ODBC driver][DB2 UDB] SQL5001
    >> Column qualifier or table xxxxx undefined.
    >>
    >> crystal is able to retrieve the table names and columns. but fails
    >> getting the data when I run the report. Dont see it as an authority
    >> issue because I am using the same as400 user profile on the working XP
    >> system.
    >>
    >> any ideas how to troubleshoot? so far crystal tech support is
    >> stumped.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> -Steve

  4. Re: crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3

    Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > Steve Richter wrote:
    >> on the system that is working the sql stmt looks like this:
    >>
    >> SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    >> FROM "B1038B5M"."LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"
    >>
    >> on the system that fails, there is a "/" instead of a ".".
    >> SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    >> FROM "B1038B5M"/"LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"
    >>
    >> is this an sql naming convention issue?

    > Yes.
    >

    >> is that set somewhere in
    >> client access?

    > It's set in the ODBC connection defintion. On my iSeries Access (Win
    > XP) ODBC setup menu, it's the second tab, Server. The first field is
    > called 'Naming convention', and it's a drop-down box. If you want to
    > leave the forward slash as the separator, you'll need to change the
    > naming convention to System Naming Convention (*SYS).
    >

    >> On Jul 25, 11:18 am, Steve Richter wrote:
    >>> using crystal reports on XP and W2K3. client access v5r4.
    >>>
    >>> on the XP system, the odbc connection works fine. On w2k3 server,
    >>> getting the following errors:
    >>> - failed to retrieve data from the database
    >>> - details: hy000:[IBM][ISeries access ODBC driver][DB2 UDB] SQL5001
    >>> Column qualifier or table xxxxx undefined.
    >>>
    >>> crystal is able to retrieve the table names and columns. but fails
    >>> getting the data when I run the report. Dont see it as an authority
    >>> issue because I am using the same as400 user profile on the working XP
    >>> system.
    >>>
    >>> any ideas how to troubleshoot? so far crystal tech support is
    >>> stumped.

    ODBC connection string properties can also be used to override the data
    source setup. See the Naming property here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...dsservprop.htm

    --
    Karl Hanson

  5. Re: crystal reports odbc problem on w2k3

    On Jul 25, 12:57 pm, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > Steve Richter wrote:
    > > on the system that is working the sql stmt looks like this:

    > > SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    > > FROM "B1038B5M"."LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"

    > > on the system that fails, there is a "/" instead of a ".".
    > > SELECT "SCP_FCST_ROOT"."SCP_SEQ_NBR"
    > > FROM "B1038B5M"/"LVSPROD"."SCP_FCST_ROOT" "SCP_FCST_ROOT"

    > > is this an sql naming convention issue?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > is that set somewhere in
    > > client access?

    > It's set in the ODBC connection defintion. On my
    > iSeries Access (Win XP) ODBC setup menu, it's the
    > second tab, Server. The first field is called 'Naming
    > convention', and it's a drop-down box. If you want to
    > leave the forward slash as the separator, you'll need
    > to change the naming convention to System Naming
    > Convention (*SYS).

    that did it. thanks!