BRMS - easy way to export settings from a model 830 to i570? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on BRMS - easy way to export settings from a model 830 to i570? - IBM AS400 ; Hi team. I'm after some advice as to the easiest method of exporting entire library management definitions from one box to another (side-by-side upgrade). Settings such as: Control Groups Classes Policies Locations, etc I used a TAATOOL to export Job ...

  1. BRMS - easy way to export settings from a model 830 to i570?

    Hi team.

    I'm after some advice as to the easiest method of exporting entire
    library management definitions from one box to another (side-by-side
    upgrade). Settings such as:
    Control Groups
    Classes
    Policies
    Locations, etc

    I used a TAATOOL to export Job Scheduler entries (using a convert to
    database file method). Anything similar for BRMS that doesn't involve
    rekeying of entire entries? Thank you.

    Regards,
    Greg Chijoff
    EDS Sydney Australia

  2. Re: BRMS - easy way to export settings from a model 830 to i570?

    écrivait dans
    news:1185344343.902458.38370@o61g2000hsh.googlegro ups.com ce qui suit:

    > Hi team.

    Hello

    > I'm after some advice as to the easiest method of exporting entire
    > library management definitions from one box to another (side-by-side
    > upgrade). Settings such as:
    > Control Groups
    > Classes
    > Policies
    > Locations, etc

    Restoring QBRM and QUSRBRM library should work.

    If you start from a release on the 830 and go to another on the 570,
    you should then apply a release upgrade using your distribution CDs.

    --
    Cordialement
    Marc Rauzier

  3. Re: BRMS - easy way to export settings from a model 830 to i570?

    On Jul 25, 6:00 pm, Marc Rauzier wrote:
    > écrivait dansnews:1185344343.902458.38370@o61g2000hsh.googl egroups.comce qui suit:
    >
    > > Hi team.

    > Hello
    >

    > > I'm after some advice as to the easiest method of exporting entire
    > > library management definitions from one box to another (side-by-side
    > > upgrade). Settings such as:
    > > Control Groups
    > > Classes
    > > Policies
    > > Locations, etc

    > Restoring QBRM and QUSRBRM library should work.
    >
    > If you start from a release on the 830 and go to another on the 570,
    > you should then apply a release upgrade using your distribution CDs.
    >
    > > I used a TAATOOL to export Job Scheduler entries (using a convert to
    > > database file method). Anything similar for BRMS that doesn't involve
    > > rekeying of entire entries? Thank you.

    > > Regards,
    > > Greg Chijoff
    > > EDS Sydney Australia

    > --
    > Cordialement
    > Marc Rauzier
    > (pour me répondre, ne pas utiliser le from mais le reply-to)

    Thank you Marc.
    I'll give it a try. . . the logic makes sense.
    Regards,
    Greg

+ Reply to Thread