HTTP server and subsystems - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on HTTP server and subsystems - IBM AS400 ; Is it possible to start a HTTP server instance in another subsystem other than the standard QHTTPSVR. If yes, how can I configure it that way ?...

  1. HTTP server and subsystems

    Is it possible to start a HTTP server instance in another subsystem
    other than the standard QHTTPSVR. If yes, how can I configure it that
    way ?

  2. Re: HTTP server and subsystems

    On Jul 23, 9:45 am, Mark wrote:
    > Is it possible to start a HTTP server instance in another subsystem
    > other than the standard QHTTPSVR. If yes, how can I configure it that
    > way ?

    Just curious, why would you want to do this?? I am sure you could so
    long as you setup a new subsystem etc with the same settings etc as
    QHTTPSVR.

  3. Re: HTTP server and subsystems

    On Jul 24, 2:45 pm, jacko wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 9:45 am, Mark wrote:
    >
    > > Is it possible to start a HTTP server instance in another subsystem
    > > other than the standard QHTTPSVR. If yes, how can I configure it that
    > > way ?

    > Just curious, why would you want to do this?? I am sure you could so
    > long as you setup a new subsystem etc with the same settings etc as
    > QHTTPSVR.

    We are using an ASP concept where we have multiple customers using our
    application, one of which is Internet Tracking&Tracing. All the
    customers have there own "environment" and their own copy of the
    database.

    We have for example a different QINTER and QBATCH subsystem for each
    of our customers. When we want to do maintenance on just one customer,
    we can end their specific subsystems to prevent their users login on
    and/or use the system, while other customers can continue to work.
    This way we can simply shut down a subsystem instead of having to shut
    down multiple tasks, queues etc. In the same way each customer has
    it's own web server instance. We are hoping we can seperate these
    instances in the same way.

  4. Re: HTTP server and subsystems

    On Jul 25, 8:09 am, Mark wrote:
    > On Jul 24, 2:45 pm, jacko wrote:
    >
    > > On Jul 23, 9:45 am, Mark wrote:

    > > > Is it possible to start a HTTP server instance in another subsystem
    > > > other than the standard QHTTPSVR. If yes, how can I configure it that
    > > > way ?

    > > Just curious, why would you want to do this?? I am sure you could so
    > > long as you setup a new subsystem etc with the same settings etc as
    > > QHTTPSVR.

    > We are using an ASP concept where we have multiple customers using our
    > application, one of which is Internet Tracking&Tracing. All the
    > customers have there own "environment" and their own copy of the
    > database.
    >
    > We have for example a different QINTER and QBATCH subsystem for each
    > of our customers. When we want to do maintenance on just one customer,
    > we can end their specific subsystems to prevent their users login on
    > and/or use the system, while other customers can continue to work.
    > This way we can simply shut down a subsystem instead of having to shut
    > down multiple tasks, queues etc. In the same way each customer has
    > it's own web server instance. We are hoping we can seperate these
    > instances in the same way.

    I looked at some of my my HTTP instances that are running, they all
    seem to use the same profile and jobd, I noticed the subsystem has 1
    routing data as well. I think that this might be a bit of an
    undertaking but you could probably get it to work. The seperate
    instances of these can be shut off and on manually if that would help
    you out.

    Example: ENDSBS QBATCHA
    ENDSBS QINTERA
    ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(COMPANYA)

    dspsbsd qhttpsvr/qhttpsvr here is your command to display the
    subsystem etc.
    here is the jobd DSPJOBD JOBD(QHTTPSVR/QZHBHTTP)
    here is the profile qtmhhttp

+ Reply to Thread