as400 data modelling tool - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on as400 data modelling tool - IBM AS400 ; hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column ...

  1. as400 data modelling tool

    hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly
    have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data
    modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the
    column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name.
    Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for
    friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are
    tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the
    picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400?

  2. Re: as400 data modelling tool

    ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the
    latest features.

    You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free
    trial from their website.

    --
    Kent Milligan
    ISV Enablement - System i

    (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

+ Reply to Thread