Time of Day battery - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Time of Day battery - IBM AS400 ; Would replacement of the Time of Day battery be covered by IBM maintenance, or would it come under consumables like printer ribbons and latterly print heads? Many thanks Peter Kinsman...

  1. Time of Day battery

    Would replacement of the Time of Day battery be covered by IBM maintenance,
    or would it come under consumables like printer ribbons and latterly print
    heads?

    Many thanks

    Peter Kinsman

  2. Re: Time of Day battery

    In the past, when I've had this replaced, it's covered. The CE has to remove
    the control panel to get to it, or at least he used to...

    "Peter Kinsman" wrote in message
    news:6F3li.1436$iE5.156@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk. ..
    > Would replacement of the Time of Day battery be covered by IBM
    > maintenance, or would it come under consumables like printer ribbons and
    > latterly print heads?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Peter Kinsman

  3. Re: Time of Day battery

    On Jul 11, 10:02 pm, "Peter Kinsman"
    wrote:
    > Would replacement of the Time of Day battery be covered by IBM maintenance,
    > or would it come under consumables like printer ribbons and latterly print
    > heads?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Peter Kinsman

    Peter,
    it should be covered under the usua hardware mainteance agreement, but
    these could vay from country to country ;-)
    Regards,
    Greg Chijoff
    ED Sydney Australia

+ Reply to Thread