Record lock user ID - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Record lock user ID - IBM AS400 ; I am testing for a record lock on a read, but I need to know how to find out WHO has the record locked. Is there a way to get this information so I can display it at capture time?...

  1. Record lock user ID

    I am testing for a record lock on a read, but I need to know how to
    find out WHO has the record locked. Is there a way to get this
    information so I can display it at capture time?

  2. Re: Record lock user ID

    Check here:
    http://www.as400pro.com/servlet/sql....8&category=RPG

    (Google is your friend. Try searching for: display who record locked
    as/400)

    Sam

    "Alida" wrote in message
    news:1182803509.670362.223560@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am testing for a record lock on a read, but I need to know how to
    > find out WHO has the record locked. Is there a way to get this
    > information so I can display it at capture time?

  3. Re: Record lock user ID

    On Jun 26, 8:31 am, Alida wrote:
    > I am testing for a record lock on a read, but I need to know how to
    > find out WHO has the record locked. Is there a way to get this
    > information so I can display it at capture time?

    Hi there, the details of the locking job, including the user are in
    the Program Status data structure (PSDS)

    D psds sds
    d @errdtl 91 170

    Nick

  4. Re: Record lock user ID

    I infer the others have already answered the question, but I thought
    I would add, typically for debug purposes: ?DSPRCDLCK TheLib/TheDBF
    Beyond the program status area in RPG, if for example another
    interface is being used for "read", there is also an API QDBRRCDL

    Regards, Chuck
    -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    employer

    Alida wrote:
    > I am testing for a record lock on a read, but I need to know how to
    > find out WHO has the record locked. Is there a way to get this
    > information so I can display it at capture time?

+ Reply to Thread