    ----- Original meddelelse -----
    Fra: gio.cot@virgilio.it
    Dato: 21-06-2007 16:09
    > Hi to everybody, I would like to begin to learn/use the pages JSP
    > (I know only the RPG ) can you suggest some site book or
    > other???
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Start with jsp

    On Jun 21, 10:09 am, gio....@virgilio.it wrote:
    > Hi to everybody, I would like to begin to learn/use the pages JSP
    > (I know only the RPG ) can you suggest some site book or
    > other???
    >
    > Thanks

    There's a book called "Java Objects" (ISBN 1861004176) that is
    excellent for learning Java (you need to know this before doing much
    meaningful with JSP). This book is out of print so you'll have to find
    used. Also, you need to know HTML since that's normally what JSP's
    output. The W3 Schools' website (http://www.w3schools.com) is a very
    good site to start with.

    Also, IBM published a book called "Java for RPG Programers". This book
    is horrible to start with (actually, it's pretty bad all around). You
    need to have a working knowledge of object oriented programming
    concepts to understand Java and this book does not cover that ("Java
    Objects", does an excellent job of covering that).

    As far as tools to get started go, WDSC has everything you need to get
    started. If your shop in on V5R1 newer of the OS, you are entitled to
    this tool already. If you are looking for a more open source stack,
    download a JDK from Sun's web site, Tomcat from apache.org, and
    Eclipse.

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread