Host Print Transorm not finding font resource with DPI change? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Host Print Transorm not finding font resource with DPI change? - IBM AS400 ; I am working with someone who is using the HPT API to convert an AFPDS report into a TIFF and sending it to their bank for processing. It seems the default WSCST of QWPTIFFG4 automatically sets the DPI to 300DPI ...

  1. Host Print Transorm not finding font resource with DPI change?

    I am working with someone who is using the HPT API to convert an AFPDS
    report into a TIFF and sending it to their bank for processing.

    It seems the default WSCST of QWPTIFFG4 automatically sets the DPI to
    300DPI and they needed 240DPI. So we found the source for QWPTIFFG4,
    modified it so it would create the TIFF at 240DPI.

    Source for WSCST:
    :TRNSFRMTBL.
    :PRTDTASTRM
    DATASTREAM= TIFF_G4.

    :PRTRSLTN
    RESOLUTION = 240.

    :INITPRT
    DATA = '4D4D002A'X.
    :RESETPRT
    DATA = '00000000'X.

    :EWSCST.

    But now when it's run HPT is saying it can't find a font resource in the
    job log, and it's an important MICR font.

    From the job log:
    Object C0AE133 in library *LIBL not found.

    Change the WSCST back to 300DPI and it works fine.

    We've checked and triple checked the font resource it says it can't find
    exists, even tried moving it into QSYS but nothing... says it can't find it.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Host Print Transorm not finding font resource with DPI change?

    BTW, on V5R3.

  3. Re: Host Print Transorm not finding font resource with DPI change?

    il 20/06/2007 19.46, Scrive Bradley V. Stone 38157880:
    > I am working with someone who is using the HPT API to convert an AFPDS
    > report into a TIFF and sending it to their bank for processing.
    >
    > It seems the default WSCST of QWPTIFFG4 automatically sets the DPI to
    > 300DPI and they needed 240DPI. So we found the source for QWPTIFFG4,
    > modified it so it would create the TIFF at 240DPI.
    >
    > Source for WSCST:
    > :TRNSFRMTBL.
    > :PRTDTASTRM
    > DATASTREAM= TIFF_G4.
    >
    > :PRTRSLTN
    > RESOLUTION = 240.
    >
    > :INITPRT
    > DATA = '4D4D002A'X.
    > :RESETPRT
    > DATA = '00000000'X.
    >
    > :EWSCST.
    >
    > But now when it's run HPT is saying it can't find a font resource in the
    > job log, and it's an important MICR font.
    >
    > From the job log:
    > Object C0AE133 in library *LIBL not found.
    >
    > Change the WSCST back to 300DPI and it works fine.
    >
    > We've checked and triple checked the font resource it says it can't find
    > exists, even tried moving it into QSYS but nothing... says it can't find
    > it.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    How many C0AE133 *FNTRSC do you have? You shoud at least 2, one at
    240pels and the other at 300pels in 2 different libraries.
    To check font density use DSPFNTRSCA FNTRSC(C0AE133) command qualifying
    the font with the correct library.

  4. Re: Host Print Transorm not finding font resource with DPI change?

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    >> Any ideas?

    > How many C0AE133 *FNTRSC do you have? You shoud at least 2, one at
    > 240pels and the other at 300pels in 2 different libraries.
    > To check font density use DSPFNTRSCA FNTRSC(C0AE133) command qualifying
    > the font with the correct library.

    Yep, this was the issue. I had suggested it before but customer wasn't
    sure. Right after I posted this he said he downloaded another font and
    it worked fine.

+ Reply to Thread