Urgently looking for a 5394-01b controller in the UK - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Urgently looking for a 5394-01b controller in the UK - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, I need urgently a replacement 5394 controller for our office in the UK, near London. The controller broke down over the weekend - at least that's what we think. The telecom people say the the comm line is ...

  1. Urgently looking for a 5394-01b controller in the UK

    Hi all,

    I need urgently a replacement 5394 controller for our office in the UK,
    near London.
    The controller broke down over the weekend - at least that's what we
    think.
    The telecom people say the the comm line is OK (a 64 K V35 line). The
    controller looks OK: Line sync light is lit.
    The controller can see the workstations and when we put it in test mode,
    we can get into the config screen in the terminals.
    But, it remains in a vary on pending status forever.
    We traced the line and all we see is that our as/400 sends out XID's but
    nothing is coming back.
    So my best guess is the controller failing
    The worsed of it all is that we have ordered a IP-vpn solution 3 weeks
    ago and that will be installed one of these weeks. We will not need the
    CTL and the old green screens anymore then!

    But, Murphy's Law you all know and so here I am looking for a
    replacement controller.
    If anyone in the UK or in Belgium (we have trucks going over daily) has
    got such a thing and doesn't use it anymore, then please give me a call
    00 32 3 250 45 92 or mail PDB "AT" HNT.BE (replace "AT" by @)
    We can discuss a fair price (though I only need it for a few weeks...)

    Important:
    If it is an IBM 5394-01B, then the serial number must be higher than
    55000. Otherwise it does not support V35 64K speed.
    If it is a Perle, then it doesn't matter.
    Physical interface (modem side) should be V24

    This is all very urgent - don't bother to contact me if you can't get
    such a device in less than 24-48 hrs

    Thanks all

    --
    Paul

  2. Re: Urgently looking for a 5394-01b controller in the UK

    Would a 5494 do instead - a client still has the one from when they were a
    remote user, but I think the link was V21

    Peter Kinsman

    "Paul D B" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need urgently a replacement 5394 controller for our office in the UK,
    > near London.
    > The controller broke down over the weekend - at least that's what we
    > think.
    > The telecom people say the the comm line is OK (a 64 K V35 line). The
    > controller looks OK: Line sync light is lit.
    > The controller can see the workstations and when we put it in test mode,
    > we can get into the config screen in the terminals.
    > But, it remains in a vary on pending status forever.
    > We traced the line and all we see is that our as/400 sends out XID's but
    > nothing is coming back.
    > So my best guess is the controller failing
    > The worsed of it all is that we have ordered a IP-vpn solution 3 weeks ago
    > and that will be installed one of these weeks. We will not need the CTL
    > and the old green screens anymore then!
    >
    > But, Murphy's Law you all know and so here I am looking for a replacement
    > controller.
    > If anyone in the UK or in Belgium (we have trucks going over daily) has
    > got such a thing and doesn't use it anymore, then please give me a call
    > 00 32 3 250 45 92 or mail PDB "AT" HNT.BE (replace "AT" by @)
    > We can discuss a fair price (though I only need it for a few weeks...)
    >
    > Important:
    > If it is an IBM 5394-01B, then the serial number must be higher than
    > 55000. Otherwise it does not support V35 64K speed.
    > If it is a Perle, then it doesn't matter.
    > Physical interface (modem side) should be V24
    >
    > This is all very urgent - don't bother to contact me if you can't get such
    > a device in less than 24-48 hrs
    >
    > Thanks all
    >
    > --
    > Paul

  3. Re: Urgently looking for a 5394-01b controller in the UK->Solved

    Hi all,

    Found what I needed,
    everything is up & running again.
    thanks

    Paul

    --
    Paul

  4. Re: Urgently looking for a 5394-01b controller in the UK

    Paul D B wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need urgently a replacement 5394 controller for our office in the UK,
    > near London.
    > The controller broke down over the weekend - at least that's what we think.
    > The telecom people say the the comm line is OK (a 64 K V35 line). The
    > controller looks OK: Line sync light is lit.
    > The controller can see the workstations and when we put it in test mode,
    > we can get into the config screen in the terminals.
    > But, it remains in a vary on pending status forever.
    > We traced the line and all we see is that our as/400 sends out XID's but
    > nothing is coming back.
    > So my best guess is the controller failing
    > The worsed of it all is that we have ordered a IP-vpn solution 3 weeks
    > ago and that will be installed one of these weeks. We will not need the
    > CTL and the old green screens anymore then!
    >
    > But, Murphy's Law you all know and so here I am looking for a
    > replacement controller.
    > If anyone in the UK or in Belgium (we have trucks going over daily) has
    > got such a thing and doesn't use it anymore, then please give me a call
    > 00 32 3 250 45 92 or mail PDB "AT" HNT.BE (replace "AT" by @)
    > We can discuss a fair price (though I only need it for a few weeks...)
    >
    > Important:
    > If it is an IBM 5394-01B, then the serial number must be higher than
    > 55000. Otherwise it does not support V35 64K speed.
    > If it is a Perle, then it doesn't matter.
    > Physical interface (modem side) should be V24
    >
    > This is all very urgent - don't bother to contact me if you can't get
    > such a device in less than 24-48 hrs

    See the post entitled "AS/400 controller PERLE 494 for
    sale", by poster '**Uzados**'
    <uzados@gmail.com> Sounds to me as if there
    are gains from exchange to be had here.

+ Reply to Thread