Only my AS400 Printers Received a Wrong IP 192.168.0.x - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Only my AS400 Printers Received a Wrong IP 192.168.0.x - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I like to present and strange situation that I having may be 2 o 3 times daily and resolved when I reset thye lan switches where these printers are connected. Let me present the picture, The problem occurs in ...

  1. Only my AS400 Printers Received a Wrong IP 192.168.0.x

    Hi, I like to present and strange situation that I having may be 2 o
    3 times daily and resolved when I reset thye lan switches where these
    printers are connected. Let me present the picture, The problem
    occurs in one of our subcidiaries where we a having 3 switches
    connected about 20 workstations, 4 lasers printers and 4 as400
    printers. The AS400 is located in our HQ connected to this site via T1
    line.

    One morning, in the subcidiaries, all 4 as400 stop of working, we
    tried to ping them but received a timeout, all these printers have a
    "dedicated ip" (130.36.x.x.) with dchp option disabled but are taking
    a ip 192.168.0.x. The rest of the lan equipment keep working fine
    included the lan laser printer.

    We unplug and restart the as400 printers without the lan cable
    attached and they take the correct ip but if we plug in the lan cable
    again and restart it take a 192.168.0.x. We took one of these printer
    and connect it directly to the lan switch but with the same result. We
    just restart the switches and when they are be up then we've turn on
    the as400 printers taking then a correct IP.

    In the As400 console we saw the following message...

    TCP/IP connection to remote system 130.36.x.x. closed, reason code 2.

    Code 2. TCP connection closed due to R2 retry threshold being run.

    Any opinion will be highly appreciated !!!!

  2. Re: Only my AS400 Printers Received a Wrong IP 192.168.0.x

    On Jun 18, 11:01 am, Billy wrote:
    > Hi, I like to present and strange situation that I having may be 2 o
    > 3 times daily and resolved when I reset thye lan switches where these
    > printers are connected. Let me present the picture, The problem
    > occurs in one of our subcidiaries where we a having 3 switches
    > connected about 20 workstations, 4 lasers printers and 4 as400
    > printers. The AS400 is located in our HQ connected to this site via T1
    > line.
    >
    > One morning, in the subcidiaries, all 4 as400 stop of working, we
    > tried to ping them but received a timeout, all these printers have a
    > "dedicated ip" (130.36.x.x.) with dchp option disabled but are taking
    > a ip 192.168.0.x. The rest of the lan equipment keep working fine
    > included the lan laser printer.
    >
    > We unplug and restart the as400 printers without the lan cable
    > attached and they take the correct ip but if we plug in the lan cable
    > again and restart it take a 192.168.0.x. We took one of these printer
    > and connect it directly to the lan switch but with the same result. We
    > just restart the switches and when they are be up then we've turn on
    > the as400 printers taking then a correct IP.
    >
    > In the As400 console we saw the following message...
    >
    > TCP/IP connection to remote system 130.36.x.x. closed, reason code 2.
    >
    > Code 2. TCP connection closed due to R2 retry threshold being run.
    >
    > Any opinion will be highly appreciated !!!!

    what ever is on the lan cable is it a *REMOTE for dns lookup? cfgtcp
    option 12.

    It could be handing out junk addies

+ Reply to Thread