SYS/36 env - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SYS/36 env - IBM AS400 ; I have a user whos profle on the 400 has a specific outq. I go in the 36 code (yeah, I know--- I am working on this bountiful inheiritance) and do the printer name to the 36 name of the ...

  1. SYS/36 env

    I have a user whos profle on the 400 has a specific outq. I go in the
    36 code (yeah, I know--- I am working on this bountiful inheiritance)
    and do the printer name to the 36 name of the printer I want it to go
    to, it still goes to the outq on her profile. How do I get this to go
    where I want? Ideas?

    Ron

  2. Re: SYS/36 env

    The printer can be controlled at a number of
    locations.

    (1) Device
    (2) profile
    (3) system level
    (4)CLP/OCL

    You need to determine which area...

    qgenesist@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I have a user whos profle on the 400 has a specific outq. I go in the
    > 36 code (yeah, I know--- I am working on this bountiful inheiritance)
    > and do the printer name to the 36 name of the printer I want it to go
    > to, it still goes to the outq on her profile. How do I get this to go
    > where I want? Ideas?
    >
    > Ron

  3. Re: SYS/36 env

    On Jun 18, 10:42 am, Pat Barber wrote:
    > The printer can be controlled at a number of
    > locations.
    >
    > (1) Device
    > (2) profile
    > (3) system level
    > (4)CLP/OCL
    >
    > You need to determine which area...

    (1) the device to the 36 is PD
    // printer name-Boxing, device-PD
    still goes to the printer and outq on her profile
    (2) the profile must have the outq and printer as is,
    see 1
    (3) system level???????
    see 1
    (4) ocl see 1

    is there some other scam I can use from ocl to call a cl to override
    to or something?

  4. Re: SYS/36 env

    On Jun 18, 12:17 pm, qgenes...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Jun 18, 10:42 am, Pat Barber wrote:> The printer can be controlled at a number of
    > > locations.

    > > (1) Device
    > > (2) profile
    > > (3) system level
    > > (4)CLP/OCL

    > > You need to determine which area...

    > (1) the device to the 36 is PD
    > // printer name-Boxing, device-PD
    > still goes to the printer and outq on her profile
    > (2) the profile must have the outq and printer as is,
    > see 1
    > (3) system level???????
    > see 1
    > (4) ocl see 1
    >
    > is there some other scam I can use from ocl to call a cl to override
    > to or something?

    I don't have an OCL book anymore, but in CL there's the override scope
    -- I usually use the ovrscope keyword with *job, *actgrpdfn or
    *calllvl. Not sure if there would be an OCL equivalent.

  5. Re: SYS/36 env

    If you use DSPS36 you can see how actual devices map to System/36 devices.
    CHGS36 allows someone with the correct authority to change this. With later
    versions, you can change the S/36 environment when it is active. With
    earlier ones, you have to ENDS36 first.

    Peter Kinsman

    wrote in message
    news:1182178445.831923.36500@u2g2000hsc.googlegrou ps.com...
    >I have a user whos profle on the 400 has a specific outq. I go in the
    > 36 code (yeah, I know--- I am working on this bountiful inheiritance)
    > and do the printer name to the 36 name of the printer I want it to go
    > to, it still goes to the outq on her profile. How do I get this to go
    > where I want? Ideas?
    >
    > Ron

  6. Re: SYS/36 env

    Is this ALL print jobs or a single job ???

    Where does the print job end up ???(which que or printer)

    The profile "always" overrides job(OCL).
    You can not get around that.
    You must change the profile.

    qgenesist@hotmail.com wrote:

    > (1) the device to the 36 is PD
    > // printer name-Boxing, device-PD
    > still goes to the printer and outq on her profile
    > (2) the profile must have the outq and printer as is,
    > see 1
    > (3) system level???????
    > see 1
    > (4) ocl see 1
    >
    > is there some other scam I can use from ocl to call a cl to override
    > to or something?

  7. Re: SYS/36 env

    YOu can actually use ovrprtf's in the ocl.

    However, here is what I think is happening.

    In the OCL, you load program xxxxxxx

    // load xxxxxx
    // File name-abc
    // file nam-def
    // file name-ghi
    // printer name-boxing, device-pd
    // run

    For your thing to work, the printer name statement has to be between
    the load and run statements of the program you want the print change
    to work.

    Otherwise, there are a zillion workarounds

    1) use an ovrprtf in the OCL anywhere, and a dltovr at the end of the
    oc

    2) or you can do this:

    // LOAD $SETCF
    // RUN
    // SETCF IMAGE-N,
    // PRINTER-PD
    // END

    That should also permanently assign PD as the printer output

    3) Change the device description

    4) Change the user profile

    If all you want is for one report to print on that printer, use your
    statement just like you have it - printer name-boxing,device-pd (all
    caps) but MAKE SURE IT'S BETWEEN THE LOAD AND RUN STMTS

    ga

    qgenesist@hotmail.com wrote:

    >On Jun 18, 10:42 am, Pat Barber wrote:
    >> The printer can be controlled at a number of
    >> locations.
    >>
    >> (1) Device
    >> (2) profile
    >> (3) system level
    >> (4)CLP/OCL
    >>
    >> You need to determine which area...

    >(1) the device to the 36 is PD
    >// printer name-Boxing, device-PD
    >still goes to the printer and outq on her profile
    >(2) the profile must have the outq and printer as is,
    >see 1
    >(3) system level???????
    >see 1
    >(4) ocl see 1
    >
    >is there some other scam I can use from ocl to call a cl to override
    >to or something?

    ga
    nospam@nospam.fmctc.com

+ Reply to Thread