errors - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on errors - IBM AS400 ; Hi This is chakri. 1] Woule u tell me some examples of COMPILE TIME ERRORS & RUN TIME ERRORS and how they come? 2] What is DECIMAL DATA ERROR and how it comes? Regards, chakri....

  1. errors

    Hi
    This is chakri.
    1] Woule u tell me some examples of COMPILE TIME ERRORS &
    RUN TIME ERRORS and how they come?

    2] What is DECIMAL DATA ERROR and how it comes?

    Regards,
    chakri.

  2. Re: errors

    On Jun 8, 12:48 pm, chakri.madh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi
    > This is chakri.
    > 1] Woule u tell me some examples of COMPILE TIME ERRORS &
    > RUN TIME ERRORS and how they come?
    >
    > 2] What is DECIMAL DATA ERROR and how it comes?
    >
    > Regards,
    > chakri.

    1. Compile Time Error - the program failed to compile because the
    source code did not syntax check correctly. There will be specific
    messages at the bottom of the compile listing which identify the error
    reason and the source line(s) in error.

    Run Time Error - the program failed to perform an operation. An
    example would be: a file was not found which the program was coded to
    open. The open statement will fail because the file is not found.

    2. Decimal Data Error - this is another example of a runtime error. In
    this case, the program is coded to perform an operation on a numeric
    field, but the field does not contain valid numeric data. This can
    happen when data is being moved from one field to another, for
    example, and the sending field contains data which is not numeric. The
    attempt to load this data to the numeric field will cause a runtime
    decimal data error.

+ Reply to Thread