printer - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on printer - IBM AS400 ; Hi This cahkri. what is diffrence between spacea(),skipa() key words in printer file. If u specify two keywords one by one to two fields what happen. Regards, chakri....

  1. printer

    Hi

    This cahkri.

    what is diffrence between spacea(),skipa() key words in printer
    file.
    If u specify two keywords one by one to two fields what happen.

    Regards,
    chakri.

  2. Re: printer

    You might find it handy to read the RPG manual (or I guess DDS for
    Printer Files in this case).
    All would become very clear...

    spacea(3) spaces 3 blank lines after writing the current line.
    skipa(3) would skip to line 3 after writing the current line.
    Note: If your report is already on line 25 for example, the skip will
    be to the 3rd line on the next page (ie: page overflow).

    Hope this helps, but I would REALLY recommend reading the manuals -
    all downloadable in pdf form from http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v5r4/index.jsp
    (or whatever release you are on).

+ Reply to Thread