Qualified object name JRNSQNM not valid - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Qualified object name JRNSQNM not valid - IBM AS400 ; Dear All, I am using iSeries V5R4. I have been trying to create the PROCEDURE under the DBLIB library. Unfortunately, I got an error "Qualified object name JRNSQNM not valid" . You are highly appreciated if you have any solution. ...

  1. Qualified object name JRNSQNM not valid

    Dear All,

    I am using iSeries V5R4. I have been trying to create the
    PROCEDURE under the DBLIB library. Unfortunately, I got an error
    "Qualified object name JRNSQNM not valid" .

    You are highly appreciated if you have any solution.

    Procedure Statement
    ------------------------------

    CREATE PROCEDURE DBLIB.JRNSQNM
    (IN JOUR CHAR(10),
    IN JLIB CHAR(10),
    IN FNMS CHAR(900),
    IN JDAT CHAR(8),
    IN JTIM CHAR(6),
    INOUT NUMSEQ DECIMAL(10,0),
    INOUT RECVR CHAR(10),
    INOUT LIBRCV CHAR(10),
    OUT LSTSQN DECIMAL(10,0),
    OUT LSTRECVR CHAR(10),
    OUT LSTLIBREC CHAR(10),
    OUT FLAG CHAR(1),
    OUT CODC CHAR(7),
    OUT MSGG CHAR(100))
    LANGUAGE CL SPECIFIC DBLIB.JRNSQNM
    NOT DETERMINISTIC
    NO SQL
    CALLED ON NULL INPUT
    EXTERNAL NAME 'DBLIB/JRNSQNM'
    PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL

    Thanks,
    Veera

  2. Re: Qualified object name JRNSQNM not valid

    Hi,

    you are mixing SQL and SYS-Naming i.e. you use SQL Naming with CREATE
    PROCEDURE (Schema.Procedure), but you use System Naming with EXTERNAL
    NAME (Schema/Programm).

    Depending on which naming you are working, you have to change one of
    them.

    Birgitta

+ Reply to Thread