RPG Compile Error, MC Press Online Source (SCS2PDF) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on RPG Compile Error, MC Press Online Source (SCS2PDF) - IBM AS400 ; I downloaded and installed the SCS2PDF utility from MC Press Online. All objects except the large RPG program SCS2PDFR compiled. This program is compiled via a REXX procedure. I am getting errors such as the following: 356 // Open(Create) stream ...

  1. RPG Compile Error, MC Press Online Source (SCS2PDF)

    I downloaded and installed the SCS2PDF utility from MC Press Online.
    All objects except the large RPG program SCS2PDFR compiled. This
    program is compiled via a REXX procedure. I am getting errors such as
    the following:

    356 // Open(Create) stream
    file
    357 fd =
    open(%Addr(Filename)
    F5501 20 357 029600 The comment entry on a free-form calculation
    is not valid.
    358 : O_CREAT + O_WRONLY + O_TRUNC +
    O_CODEPAGE
    F5501 20 358 029700 The comment entry on a free-form calculation
    is not valid.
    359 : S_IRWXU + S_IROTH :
    819);

    The source is something called RPG Free. We are a V5R2 box, which I
    suppose is running RPG IV. (Can you tell I'm not an RPG guy?)

    Any suggestions as to what is going on here and what I can do about
    it?

    Thanks.

    Walt Bennett
    Astec Systems, Inc.

  2. Re: RPG Compile Error, MC Press Online Source (SCS2PDF)

    Well, I solved it. I had to make the source file record length 112,
    not 92, and then make sure that everything past my actual source code
    is spaces.

    I have no idea why that worked because the rules of free-form state
    that comments cannot start before pos. 81. There were no comments at
    all on those source lines, so the ONLY thing that changed was that the
    source line now contains room for comments that STILL aren't there,

    If anybody knows why this solved the problem...

+ Reply to Thread