Installed Iseries Access and lost internet connection - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Installed Iseries Access and lost internet connection - IBM AS400 ; Brand new pc running XP. Brand new Iseries.(525) Had fired up internet connection using current DSL line. That worked fine. Installed Iseries Access (latest version) w/service pack. Manually entered IP address in Network connections on pc. Click start on emulation ...

  1. Installed Iseries Access and lost internet connection

    Brand new pc running XP.
    Brand new Iseries.(525)

    Had fired up internet connection using current DSL line.
    That worked fine.

    Installed Iseries Access (latest version) w/service pack.

    Manually entered IP address in Network connections on pc.

    Click start on emulation and get a sign on screen.

    All connections to Iseries work fine including Navigator.

    Attempted to go back to the web.... No current connection.

    I'm sure this is a tcp/ip addressing problem but I am not
    sure what to change.

    The problem is almost certainly on the PC.

  2. Re: Installed Iseries Access and lost internet connection

    You have scucumb upon the dreadful DHCP assignment from the
    iSeries...check your XP, by clicking on the START - RUN - CMD (enter)
    and type IPCONFIG..what is the IP assigned to your computer???? You may
    see that it is not the IP address assigned by your DSL...not that hard
    to fix...

    Gil

    Pat Barber wrote:
    > Brand new pc running XP.
    > Brand new Iseries.(525)
    >
    > Had fired up internet connection using current DSL line.
    > That worked fine.
    >
    > Installed Iseries Access (latest version) w/service pack.
    >
    > Manually entered IP address in Network connections on pc.
    >
    > Click start on emulation and get a sign on screen.
    >
    > All connections to Iseries work fine including Navigator.
    >
    > Attempted to go back to the web.... No current connection.
    >

    > I'm sure this is a tcp/ip addressing problem but I am not
    > sure what to change.
    >
    > The problem is almost certainly on the PC.

+ Reply to Thread