Sql question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Sql question - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I'm new to AS400 SQL and need help with the following. Is there a way to find a group of rows that include the original row returned by my SELECT statement? I need to do this in order to ...

  1. Sql question

    Hi,

    I'm new to AS400 SQL and need help with the following. Is there a way
    to find a group of rows that include the original row returned by my
    SELECT statement? I need to do this in order to account for cases
    where the entire search string spans several rows.

    Thanks

    Elliot

  2. Re: Sql question

    "Elliot" wrote in message
    news:1180556941.943614.104250@q19g2000prn.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to AS400 SQL and need help with the following. Is there a way
    > to find a group of rows that include the original row returned by my
    > SELECT statement? I need to do this in order to account for cases
    > where the entire search string spans several rows.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Elliot

    This last sentence doesn't sound like the database is very relational for
    this search criteria to be used. Can you provide some example structure.

    Rj.

  3. Re: Sql question

    The origin of the request I believe, stems from a prior posting
    "Finding a string literal in a *PGM object". It is effectively an
    attempt to read row data as stream data. Not sure why the redirect to
    SQL from REXX. Of course since the given literal can not span more than
    one line to the next, a from rrn(a) to rrn(b)+1 in a join to itself can
    be scanned for the desired string.

    Regards, Chuck
    -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    employer

    DBDriver wrote:
    > This last sentence doesn't sound like the database is very relational for
    > this search criteria to be used. Can you provide some example structure.

+ Reply to Thread