Network files - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Network files - IBM AS400 ; I sent a file (the output from the DSPJRN command) from 1 AS/400 to another. The source system says that the file has 46,000+ records. On the target system, I do WRKNETF, and then 5=Display physical file member. When I ...

  1. Network files

    I sent a file (the output from the DSPJRN command) from 1 AS/400 to
    another. The source system says that the file has 46,000+ records.
    On the target system, I do WRKNETF, and then 5=Display physical file
    member. When I go to the bottom of the file, there are only 19,000+
    records. When I receive the file, all 46,000+ records show in the
    received file. Does any one have an explanation for this behaviour?

  2. Re: Network files

    > When I receive the file, all 46,000+ records show in the
    > received file. Does any one have an explanation for this behaviour?

    What do you mean by "show" here? What command tells you the file
    contains 46k+ records?
    (I'm wondering if this is a "deleted records" issue.)

  3. Re: Network files

    On May 29, 9:02 am, "walker.l2" wrote:
    > > When I receive the file, all 46,000+ records show in the
    > > received file. Does any one have an explanation for this behaviour?

    > What do you mean by "show" here? What command tells you the file
    > contains 46k+ records?
    > (I'm wondering if this is a "deleted records" issue.)

    1. There are no deleted records in the output from the DSPJRN
    command.

    2. The DSPFD command on the output file, generated by the DSPJRN
    command, shows 46,000+ records.

    I am thinking that there may be a problem with the DSPPFM command when
    used against a network file (WRKNETF).

  4. Re: Network files

    The Display Physical File Member feature of WRKNETF is actually a
    "Display Network [File] Data" function; i.e. not database rows. The
    DSPPFM presentation code is shared for both features. The feature
    limits its presentation, to the first 16MB of the network [file] data.
    When the last 'record' of data that is available is presented, a
    msgCPI8092 should be issued to denote the condition versus the message
    CPI8085 used for end of file; dspmsgd CPI8092 msgf(qcpfmsg)

    Regards, Chuck
    -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of

    my employer

    dflynn@standishmellon.com wrote:
    > I sent a file (the output from the DSPJRN command) from 1 AS/400 to
    > another. The source system says that the file has 46,000+ records.
    > On the target system, I do WRKNETF, and then 5=Display physical file
    > member. When I go to the bottom of the file, there are only 19,000+
    > records. When I receive the file, all 46,000+ records show in the
    > received file. Does any one have an explanation for this behaviour?

+ Reply to Thread